TIP Button not active

Continuing the discussion from How to add tips to ticket:

I have followed this procedure and TIP and Discount buttons worked for a while and now are grayed out, any advice?

Greyed out means the mapping is for Visible but not enabled. Ill check the tutorial and add anything which could cause the problem after reading it.

update: Could you please take a screenshot of the Mapping tab of the “Tip” Payment type.

Ups, the tutorial does not show that step or I cannot see it…

This is what I have, according to the steps from emre:

Can you please tell me what is missing?

Maybe ticket is just printed and locked.

1 Like

Yes, you are right…it is printed,they way we are doing is when customer ask for the bill we print it so they can add the tip and give it to the cashier, then the cashier gets the payment and adds the tip.

The other thing I need to do is not to add the TAX to the Tip.

Already fixed the tax thing, I selected Tax on the calculation type.

I added the “unlock ticket” and “update ticket status” to the settle rule and now I get an error and Samba closes so I went back to what it was. What should I do?

You shouldnt need to change ticket status just unlock ticket would work. Be sure unlock ticket action is before Show Settle Screen action in your rule.

Now I’m having this error from time to time, and I need the system to be stable, how do I know what is causing it?:

[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version: 4.1.82
Region: en
DB: SQ
Machine: HQ-ABR-W541
User: ABR
Date: 6/10/2016
Time: 3:00 AM

User Explanation:

ABR said “”

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at Samba.Presentation.App.Main()

Inner Exception 1
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Samba.Domain
Stack Trace: at Samba.Domain.Models.Accounts.AccountTransaction.UpdateAccount(Int32 accountTypeId, Int32 accountId)
at Samba.Domain.Models.Accounts.AccountTransaction.UpdateAccounts(IEnumerable1 accountDataList) at Samba.Domain.Models.Accounts.AccountTransactionDocument.UpdateSingletonTransactionAmount(Int32 transactionTypeId, String transactionName, Decimal amount, Decimal exchangeRate, IEnumerable1 accountDataList)
at Samba.Domain.Models.Tickets.Calculation.UpdateCalculationTransaction(AccountTransactionDocument document, Decimal amount, Decimal exchangeRate, IEnumerable1 accountDataList) at Samba.Domain.Models.Tickets.Ticket.CalculateServices(IEnumerable1 calculations, Decimal sum)
at Samba.Domain.Models.Tickets.Ticket.GetPostTaxServicesTotal()
at Samba.Modules.PaymentModule.OrderSelector.UpdateSelectors()
at Samba.Modules.PaymentModule.OrderSelector.UpdateExchangeRate(Decimal exchangeRate)
at Samba.Modules.PaymentModule.ForeignCurrencyButtonsViewModel.set_ForeignCurrency(ForeignCurrency value)
at Samba.Modules.PaymentModule.PaymentEditorViewModel.Prepare(Ticket selectedTicket)
at Samba.Modules.PaymentModule.PaymentModule.b__2(EventParameters1 x) at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription1.InvokeAction(Action1 action, TPayload argument) at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription1.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0(Object[] arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventBase.InternalPublish(Object[] arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.CompositePresentationEvent`1.Publish(TPayload payload)
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.ExtensionMethods.Publish[TEventsubject](TEventsubject eventArgs, String eventTopic, Action expectedAction)

[Assembly Info]

Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.6.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.6.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.6.0
EntityFramework, Version=4.4.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
–CodeSet = 1252
–CSDVersion = Service Pack 1
–CurrentTimeZone = -300
–FreePhysicalMemory = 10072532
–OSArchitecture = 64-bit
–OSLanguage = 1033
–ServicePackMajorVersion = 1
–ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
–Version = 6.1.7601

Machine
-HQ-ABR-W541
–Manufacturer = LENOVO
–Model = 20EGS0GW00
–TotalPhysicalMemory = 16786874368
–UserName = PANDUIT\ABR

It’s something to do with an account transaction. Are you using a foreign currency?

No, the only new account transaction I have is the Tips…Do you see anything wrong?

So you have no currencies defined at all right?

No, i don’t have any. Do I? in the other restaurant the system does not have it defined and I used that database as a base for this one.

Do you have other calculations?

Round and Discount:

Check your transactions are there any duplicate service charges?

The error happens usually when I press the Settle button.

I have checked almost all the transactions an they look like this two examples:

Took it from the horns !!! I cleared the database, and deleted the discount and tip calculations and accounts, and all related configuration. If they want to add the tips to the system I will do it in another time,