To hold process print command to the kitchen as pre-order

Continuing the discussion from Re Open Settled Ticket and Refund setup is conflict at Reservation setup?:
Thank you for your detail tutorial.
I have a little issue with kitchen printer. Soon as I click ‘Reserve’ button, it fire the kitchen printer. Is there any solution not to print kitchen?

Thanks.

(I am very unfamiliar with how to ask question to other user’s category in forum)

Not 100% if I understood correctly but I’m guessing what you want is to include similar functions to hold ticket setup to reserved.

Basically by default kitchen print sends new orders based on order state (status) of new.
After ticket closed first time new gets changed to submitted so doesn’t get printed again if opened and closed.

What you probably wants sous create anew custom print state flow like I do on my systems.
Rather than use the Status state I have a KPrint and BPrint state which I set to Print and Printed as I like.

So order added set to Print the I change to Printed in rule similar to default kitchen print rule.
Once this is done though you could change to KPrint=Hold to stop it being picked hoby theory truce looking for KPrint=Print orders.
You can then update order states KPrint=Hold back to Print when you take the ticket off hold.

Thank you for your replied.