Toggle order selection on payment screen

I’d like to request if we could have the order selection on the payment screen toggle, so if you click again it deselects, or if there is multiple quantity, after you reach the maximum quantity the next click deselects.

I have had a few clients request this as it can be quite troublesome if you have a large ticket where the customer wants to split payment, if you make one mistake during selection you have to cancel (deselect all) and start selecting orders again. I can appreciate how this would be quite frustrating to staff!

1 Like

Seccond that, deselection would be good.

1 Like

Funny. I was just thinking about that feature today and telling myself i wont if i should put in a feature request for it haha. I third

1 Like

And me too - i fourth !!

1 Like

am really find this way lot easier,looking for improvemnt , also need a bill print for the selected orders/tendered orders only. as technically they paid seperately means they need a separate bill .which way we dont need any other setup to split bills by orders . at the moment am using @Jesse tutorial which working great as well . thank for that

You answered the question yourself - there is already ways to do the separate bill printing. If you need that, use one of those existing methods.

Your correct @markjw but its happend with my staff few times and i did to that split items with payment screen , and customer asked for a reciept for what they had , my opinion if this has a ability i would delete that previous setup than it would be a clean one setup . i find it lot easy .

• its takes time in terminals to calculate to split payments ,if you do this in payment screen its lot faster and other thing in this way you can stay on the same screen until you do all unless you close.
    *using splits payments setup it will closes once payment processed. than you have to go back to table and select items which is a lot of process when busy . for me its fast in server pc only .

You can do that now @gsreddy just setup print to happen on Payment Processed rule. When you select orders and pay it will print only those orders paid. You have to setup some stuff in the print job work but it works well.

EDIT: I may be wrong… i am testing this.

EDIT: @emre so we should be able to set Print Last Paid Order in print job and use what I described above… it used to work but now im getting an error. I think its my template but I have no clue why or what to change.

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.InvalidOperationException
Source:      System.Core
Stack Trace: at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.PrinterModule.TicketPrintTaskBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<GetLastPaidOrders>b__0(PaidItem x) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Services\Implementations\PrinterModule\TicketPrintTaskBuilder.cs:line 91
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.PrinterModule.TicketPrintTaskBuilder.GetLastPaidOrders(Ticket ticket) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Services\Implementations\PrinterModule\TicketPrintTaskBuilder.cs:line 91
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.PrinterModule.TicketPrintTaskBuilder.GetOrders(PrintJob printJob, Ticket ticket, Func`2 orderSelector) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Services\Implementations\PrinterModule\TicketPrintTaskBuilder.cs:line 53
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.PrinterModule.TicketPrinter.InternalPrint(AppState appState, Ticket ticket, PrintJob printJob, Func`2 orderSelector, Int32 copies) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Services\Implementations\PrinterModule\TicketPrinter.cs:line 82
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.PrinterModule.TicketPrinter.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Print>b__0() in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Services\Implementations\PrinterModule\TicketPrinter.cs:line 77
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.PrinterModule.AsyncPrintTask.InternalExec(Action action, ILogService logService) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Services\Implementations\PrinterModule\AsyncPrintTask.cs:line 32

-----------------------------

Hmm seems like I broke it while implementing payment grouping.

1 Like

So @gsreddy basically once Emre fixes it again you can set your Print Job to Print Last Paid Order instead of All Lines. Then run the Configuration Task to setup print on payment. Then in payment screen when you select orders and pay for them it will print a ticket for those items only. That has been a feature since v4 and as far as I can remember.

2 Likes

Order Toggling and Print Last paid orders will work on next update.

2 Likes