Total value of inventory?

BTW If your workers forget to do purchase transactions when you buy product from supplier you should go ahead and record a purchase transaction later instead of just adjusting inventory. You can put in the description a reason for doing that.

For Wings between 05-31 of december i sold more than 10000 wings

last recorded transaction for wings was on dec 08

guess i’ve been lazy this month :grin:

So more than likely the issue is not purchasing them. If you keep adjusting it at 0 cost and you dont actualy do purchases… it will keep showing 0 cost btw. How it became 0 cost I dont have enough information to determine yet. But I do see that you have been adjusting it at 0 cost.

1 Like

For example the screenshot you showed… you set 1456 as your inventory at 0 cost… So the next work period if you sell any then it will still show 0 cost. Using End of Day records is good for adjusting for small mistakes with inventory and any wastage. You should use Purchases for ALL inventory purchases so cost is calculated correctly.

You should NEVER use End of Day records to add inventory that you purchased even if its fixing mistakes your workers made by not creating purchases. You should create those purchases.

Name them Ammended Purchase Transaction due to Worker Mistake or something or just Use Document Number to set your date.

i agree
but it has been showing zero cost since the beginning that i started using SambaPos. I never really care abut it until today that i am trying to get the total cost $$ of my inventory
[Inventory Cost Report:1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

Item|Unit|Inv|Cost|Total
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Unit,C.Inventory, C.Cost, ([C.Inventory][C.Cost])}
Totals||{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Inventory.sum, C.Cost.sum, [([C.Cost]
[C.Inventory]).sum]}

So now i need them to show the correct cost

So you probably made a mistake with configuration and have been adjusting inventory on 0 cost ever since.

So you can do this… Set that item to 0 for actual inventory. Create a new item with same name but put a space after the last letter save it and reset your recipe etc to use the new item. From this point forward use the correct item and do purchases. There probably is not going to be a way to fix your past mistake for your current inventory right now. If you do the fix I said then next work period should be accurate.

So you could just start a work period to fix that item. Then close that work period and your reports should be correct.

Your previous Wings item rename it to WingsXXX or something so you know its a bad item.

is there a way to delete the inventory items i wont be needing anymore??

You can delete Inventory Items if they are not used in a Recipe.

they’ve used in a recipe. is there a way to hide them??

Have you removed the Item from the Recipe(s)?

No way to hide them. Best thing you can do is to assign them to a Group Code that sort-wise will appear at the bottom of the Item list, such as zzzNOTUSED

1 Like

ok so i was able to create new items and assign them to the recipes, created the transaction and now it displays the cost correctly.

One last question, is there a way to group them within the report by categories?
or at least alphabetically so the products i dont use anymore show at the end on the list instead of everywhere??

You can find some grouping samples on forum but for a quick solution you can use .asc modifier (C.Name.asc) to sort items by name. Like…

{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name.asc,C.Unit,C.Inventory, C.Cost, ...}

1 Like

Is there a workaround for this. One to be able to view all inventory items with total cost at the end even if it has never been consumed. ???