Track Groupon (Voucher) Redemption

Tags are in the system… You would use report ticket details and include that ticket tag name as one of the coumns.

Verifying the code is a little more complex. Since I think report expressions by default only look at current work period. It might be better to use an SQL query to check database directly since it’s only a query.
Either that or if you can import voucher codes as entities not only could you mark them used but the code would have to be in the system to be used in the first place.

1 Like

Ok, never thought about it like that. So i guess the only thing left is the reporting. Its probably something I’m over looking because I never have been very good with understanding how the Syntax works for Custom Reports. Never could get one report to work perfectly, and I tried to look at the tutorial, that didn’t clear things up for me. So I took a stab at making a report, but it does not work. Here is what I have.

Well first thing is TS Groupon is definitely wrong.
It might be TS.Groupon but haven’t checked as on the road but space is definitely not valid.
The original V4 reports tutorial covers most basics.
Field are allot easier not allot of the expressions have auto fill for the fields/columns part

I removed the space, still not working.

Also, it will allow them to just press cancel to bypass and it still takes off the groupon. How can I set it to require data to be entered into this field? If no data is entered, it will not apply the discount.

You will have to automate it to check for cancel button and if cancel then remove discount.

1 Like

I’m still struggling with this. I can’t seem to get the syntax right for the code. I found a tutorial for selling Age Restricted Items and my setup is very similar to this. I see on that tutorial there is a way to customize the keypad that appears so that only the number pad and OK button are visible. Every time I try it, it either does not work or crashes. What would I need to do to just get the number pad to appear and OK button?

There are sections for prompt tags separated by semicolons. I believe the keyboard/pinpad options are after the second one. Search for ?prompt it’s documented with button layout sample codes on forum

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the help with custom keyboard layout. I am still having trouble with one section tho. I NEED this to require an entry in the field to accept the discount. If they click cancel I need it to remove the discount. It is becoming a hassle now with the servers as they just bypass this and it renders it useless. Please, any help is appreciated.I have looked through the above tutorials and could not locate the syntax i need. I’m pulling my hair out here, lol.

You could pass the ?prompt value into a second rule using in in execute automation command action rather than update ticket tag action or wherever you currently using. Put the prompt in the command value field and give it a command name. Then constrain the automation command executed rule using the chosen command name and whatever you want to constrain the command value (prompt value) against.
If you want to tag the ticket for example you would use the update tag action in that seccond rule but rather than ?prompt which has already been entered its not in command value variable so update tag with command value

1 Like

Ok, I have something I am moderately happy with now. Works mostly as expected except 2 thing.

Why is ON in this field by default and how can I get rid of it and why is there no “Enter” key here. I have a number pad attached to touchscreen so enter is not a huge deal.

You have ON displaying because that’s what you told it to display in the mask you set in the groupon action, you set it to display ON as default, in your mask it’s in the wrong place

Pretty sure you won’t even need the N as that sets a numberpad, but your specifying the buttons to show so don’t think you need to have N

The O would be the ok/enter button if you weren’t using a custom keypad, again if your custom keypad buttons you’ve entered has the code for an enter button you don’t need the O in the mask either

I’ll try and find a format for you now

Have a look here at he enter customer birthday mask for the numberpad input

Well that failed, lol. I took ON out and it crashed when I tried it. I actually used that Syntax above to help me build this code and copied a lot from Age Check and Customer Birthday code. Don’t know what i’m missing. I want the default value to be blank so I’m not using any mask.

Add another colon before ON so it will be ;;ON

your missing a colon there should always be 4, if you remove the ON you would then have ;;; then your keypad code

2 Likes

Yes, I did that and it crashed as soon as i tried to execute the rule.

Show that actions setttings.

EDIT: NM You have a missing )

Actually just get rid of the ( and you should be fine.

1 Like

That did it! Works Perfectly now with that ( removed and an extra ;

1 Like