Track Simple Inventory (version 5)

How can I track simple inventory.
For example:

• Add product (Chocolate Bar)
  • Purchase (Quantity= 10 Bars)
  • When selling a bar, subtract 1 from inventory.

Please I need simple and clear steps. Thank you

I require searching, reading and patience. There is a lot of tutorials, just use search button. Maybe nothing really simple for SambaPOS at first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Samba inventory is less simple that inventory on a retail system as geared towards hospitality meaning inventory requires a recipe even for 1:1 items however there was a quick inventory creation feature added a while back to speed up the process for simple 1:1 recipes like your example.

yes I think there must be an easier way to track inventory, thank you.

The core remains the same, it might seem complicated for a simple 1:1 item like a chocolate bar but take into account that it also needs to be able to track inventory for ingredients on prepaired meals and whole dishes, even a basic beef burger soon becomes complex when you break it down to bun, patty, cheese, sauce, lettuce, gerkins, chips, salad, etc etc etc.
The quick recipe tool was implimented to make like a little simpler and more compatable for retail users however samba is and will remain a hospitality oriented software where recipe will always be a nessesity for inventory.

1 Like

It is very powerful software and cover all what anyone needs, but still adding new item and track its inventory is somehow complicated. I think they can just put a checkbox while adding a new item to say that the item is an inventory item and has quantity to subtract during sale, and from another page I can do purchases to that item.

But you have wherehouse etc to select also.
Your senario is very simple and more of a retail senario which samba is not geared towards… It’s for hospitality.

There is an option to add 1:1 inventory and recipe for products. You create your products then under recipes you choose Create Recipe it will create 1:1 inventory and recipe automatically. This only works if product you sell is individual product and tracked individually and not part of a bigger product or item.

3 Likes

I am new to SambaPOS5. i need help to set up inventory i want same like
Add product (Chocolate Bar)
Purchase (Quantity= 10 Bars)
When selling a bar, subtract 1 from inventory.
Please I need simple and clear steps. Thank you

1 Like