I’ve read the following post : Product Sell with Option (Order Tags) -- Inventory tracking
… but I still have a question. I may be missing something, so please excuse the (maybe) duplicate question.
I have the following inventory items:
– White bread
– Brown bread
– Rye bread
– Cheddar cheese
- Cold Meats
– Sandwhich Ham
I have the following product:
- Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich
I have the following recipe:
- Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
– Sandwich Ham
– Cheddar Cheese
I have the following Order Tag Group List:
- Name: Sandwich Bread Modifier
- Min Selected Items: 1
- Max Selected Items: 1
- Order Tag List:
– White bread, Max Qty 1, Product Not Selected, Price 0.00
– Brown bread, Max Qty 1, Product Not Selected, Price 0.00
– Rye bread, Max Qty 1, Product Not Selected, Price 5.00
- Mappings: Maps to Product Group Sandwiches
What I would like to achieve is: If a diner orders a Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich, the cashier has to select the Breads option (of which the options are White, Brown or Rye). When they select one of these options, I would like the selected bread option’s inventory item to decrease.
In the above thread, you mention picking a Product in the Order Tag list… however, I want to be able to select an inventory item, not a product.
Is this the way (Order Tags) to achieve this? Or should I create a recipe per bread option?