Uber Eats Integration

We discuss about the Uber Eats Integration. What do you think about that? Should we integrate with them? Are the SambaPOS users happy with Uber Eats?

5 Likes

Here in AUS we have almost all our clients on UberEats. One of thr biggest complains I hear from restaurant staff is that they have multiple tablets to worry about. Some of our clients run 2 or 3 stores off UberEATS

2 Likes

To have ubereat, justeat and gloria food to print on sambapos pos would be god sent. I have 3 tablets in shop for Online ordering, we got used to it but would be great if we could have them all printing on sambapos, would life lot more simpler

2 Likes

You still need the GloriaFood tablet no matter what. The GF team said that they’re NOT looking into confirming incoming orders via other methods.

I agree that would simplify things. As @rightguys just said with Gloriafood you will need the tablet to accept orders we have no power over that and they are reluctant to change that. You can print through sambapos though once an order is accepted we do have an integration for GF.

Yes I thought that would be the case with all ordering platforms as we will need to confirm orders. But to have it included in your eod report, same format printout and can be seen on screen when customers ring. Its more of a want then need really.

Surely it would be nice. Unfortunately we do not have Uber Eats available in Azerbaijan, but for others it would be a nice feature considering their scale. Wolt and Bolt Food are actively are being used in Azerbaijan and other European countries too.

1 Like

It is be a great help to integrate Uber Eats for restaurants in UK.
Just Eat and Deliveroo are popular as well.

1 Like

We totally should! Would be a great hook for new customers, in north and south america Uber is really strong

Uber EATS integration will be welcomed. Its a nightmare reading Uber EATS tickets as we cannot split Food and Drink orders to separate printouts or displays.

Deliveroo Integration will also be great.

How about deliverect, itsacheckmate or Orderlord?
As mentioned previously these middleware partners help you integrate to many different ordering platforms easily, rather than trying to write an API for a small number (or one) which is never going to satisfy the diversity of the market.

Those platforms are very expensive.

3 Likes

Especially if you only use one or two services.
These 3rd party channels are good for a single site linking to large number of sites but smaller places only using 1 or 2 channels will find it harder to justify the extra expense for an intermediary system.

Take deliverect for example:

• Setup fee: $499
  • Monthly fee: $69/mo (assuming 20 orders per day)

Assuming the guidelines of thirds for the restaurant industry, to cover the setup fee, one would need an additional $1500 in sales to cover that. How hard does a small operation have to work to generate an additional $1500 in sales? To cover the monthly fee, that would mean $200 of sales every month goes to cover that monthly fee. This is on top of all the fees the individual service charge themselves.

That just gets you their site, reporting, and menu management.

Now you want your orders to go automatically to SambaPOS. That’s more money to lay out to have someone build an integration.

What about a developer that knows nothing of SambaPOS? Paying them for their time to learn the API, possibly GraphQL, and I’m sure automation. That could triple or quadruple the cost of someone building the integration.

The hidden costs tend to add up.

I agree its for places with a higher turnover where the cost of efficiency savings would outstrip the monthly cost of the service.
I know plenty businesses are using this solution.
From a development perspective you are essentially outsourcing all your 3rd party online ordering integrations and you only need to develop one.

If am not mistaken it’s a server side Web API and the development would be done by SambaPOS.

The way I look at it is there are development costs for building and maintaining one or two interfaces whereas there are hundreds of online ordering solutions. It would take a a lot of development time and cost to link to a handful of them. Thereupon $69 per month looks very cheap if you can make use of it.

When you link to one ordering solution I think you are also stifling competition.Sambapos links to Ubereats so you’re stuck with Uber Eats. Great for them. What if UberEats no longer meets my needs or I want to try something else? Look at the list of POS solutions that interface to itsacheckmate. It’s a long list. SambaPOS is not on it.

I know smaller places that pay £1000 (convert to dollars and it’s more than 1000) a week in commissions to just eat so it surprises me if a fraction of that cost per month would be a frightening prospect if there are benefits to be gained. Bear in mind there are plenty of contenders wanting to take on the dominance of Just Eat and others. Maybe this dominance is a UK phenomenon but the way I see it is you’re just linking to one big player who probably wants the same sort of market dominance. You’re reducing the choice for your system users.

We will integrate to all of them. But we need to learn the markets, and talk business with them. It costs us the most resources not them.

I have spoken to deliverect and itsacheckmate and both are expensive and require a lot for us to integrate too and it be worthwhile. Not that we won’t. But there is always more negotiating with these businesses than it seems.

2 Likes