Unable to Print Receipt When received Exact Amount of Payment

Currently I’m still learning to use SambaPOS and having this setup as current configuration (as fast food restaurant):

I’m having a strange issue on screen when:

Case A: A customer order food for “15,000.00”, amount tendered is exactly as “15,000.00”. When, I tap the payment option as “cash”, it takes me back to the previous screen with new ticket. I am not able to print the bill because there is no chance for me to tap the “Print Bill” button after I tap the payment options as “cash”. But strange that only kitchen printer received the print job, not with the receipt.

But when,

Case B: A customer order food for"15,000.00", and the amount tendered is “20,000.00”. Then I tap the payment option as “cash”, it shows me the “Change Due” for 5,000.00" and I able to print the bill by tapping “Print Bill”.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Appreciated with thanks! Below is my current receipt print template:

[LAYOUT]
– General layout
{TICKET TAG:Order No}

ALOHA
SUMMARECON MALL SERPONG
TEL: 032-39268440
NPWP: 03.220.092.7-077.000
HOTLINE: 08228358088

{ENTITIES}
RECEIPT
Date : {TICKET DATE}
Time : {TIME}
Clerk : {:CURRENTUSER}
{ENTITIES}
Bill No : {DATE:ddMMyyyy}{TICKET TAG:Order No}
-
{ORDERS}
=

{DISCOUNTS}
[Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}

-
10% VAT Included
=
T H A N K Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
{PAYMENT NAME}:|{TENDERED TOTAL}
Change Due:|{CHANGE TOTAL}

[ORDERS]
– Default format for orders
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
– Format for gifted orders
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|GIFT
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
– Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
– Format for order tags
* {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
– Table entity format
Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
– Customer entity format
Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

By default, a fresh SambaPOS install will not print a receipt on payment. A receipt is only printed when you click Print Bill.

You need to add the action to print receipt after payment received, you can follow the instructions here under the “How to automatically print bill after payment received?” section:

Normally you would use the Print Bill button when you want to print a receipt to a customer before they have paid, e.g. when they ask for the bill / check.

2 Likes