Unregistered trial constantly!

We have a big problem with Sambapos 5.

7 terminals, one server. Licenses constantly deactivating on each client on a regular basis and even on the server. Reactivating licenses on all devices works for a few days then it happens again. Tried clearing keys in Sambapos market, reinstalled every terminal (latest 5.7.0), message server activated and connected on each terminal.

Customer is so fed up with this he’s looking for alternative software.

Hello what is the customers license email so we can look at this? Can you pm that.

After SambaPOS 5.5.0 version, changes have been made in licensing procedures.

If you are using with MS RDP, you will have problems with licensing.
You should make direct SQL connection instead of RDP.

Accordingly, Windows user must be an authorised user in order to do licensing.
You cannot do licensing with a limited authorised user. If you do, it only works for a single user.
If the Server operating system you are using is from the “Windows Server” family, please make sure that you are licensing with Administrator.

1 Like

We aren’t using RDP. 7 terminals with Windows 10, one server with Windows 10. I’ve upgraded today with the latest version of Sambapos, uninstalled old version on all terminals and server and issue persists.

Every time Sambapos is closed and reopened Unregistered Trial or Demo. Clearing keys does nothing, licensing run as Administrator. Nothing works. Client wants to abandon Sambapos and switch to a product that works.

What version of Windows 10 is it? If it is the Windows 10 IoT version (shows as “Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC” (or LTSB)), which is common on many POS terminals, for some reason it does not pick up the license from the server terminal the same way that Home or Pro edition does.

Every time I set those up, I have to apply the license on the server then run the licensing.exe again on each terminal. It is hassle and shouldn’t be like this, but once they are applied, they will work.

My only guess is the way that Windows 10 IoT edition (or Enterprise edition) has some restriction in registry access, or something is disabled by default in group policies that restrict this that isn’t a problem on Pro or Home editions.

Try this.

Close Sambapos on all terminals. Close Sambapos on the server. Run licensing.exe on the server. Then after success start Sambapos on the server only. After it’s fully booted up to the login screen and you see license applied correctly start each of the other terminals one a time verify that it’s licensed.

There are a few reasons this happens. Many suggestions already for you to try. Specifically the one @markjw recommended you should try One reason is you may have licensed two databases with the same license. This is not supported. Some people do this so they can work on it at home but it will conflict and cause other database to lose license. I don’t know if you have done that but it’s worth mentioning.

If you can’t figure it out please email support@sambapos.com and we can remotely help with AnyDesk.

You mentioned client? Are you a registered reseller of Sambapos?

Where is this location? USA? Europe?

Just to confirm the @markjw suggestion: I encountered the same issue with my terminals. My server crashed and so I had to install Samba on a new server. After activating the license on the server it worked there but the terminals stated license not found. Thus I did what @markjw suggested and did the licensing on the terminal as well - and it worked. Thanks :slight_smile: