Update Application Subtitle Formatting Help

Hi,

I have implemented an application subtitle just above the ticket. I got/stole :sweat_smile: the idea from @RickHā€™s setup whilst I was browsing the sambapos screenshots section.

A few questions I had and canā€™t seem to find the answer for:

1. In the actions of Update Application Subtitle, how do you change the background colour? I have just been typing in random colours such as Red, Orange or Green, but cant change the shades. Is there anywhere we could type in a specific colour code?

2. Is there anywhere to change the colour of the actual font of the application subtitle? For example, back text on a blue background is hard to read - preferably would want to change the font to white.

3. Anyone know how to center the text on the application subtitle?

Current Setup: (Hard to read and not centered)

Action:

Rule:
<L><font Calibri><block 0,0,0,0><size 80>Total: Ā£[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</size></block> <br/> <block 0,0,0,0 center 700><size 35>No of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</size></block></font>

Many thanks.

Might be wrong but think you can use hex or whichever code has # at start.
If not you would be surprised at the number of word colours available, there is a list somewhere on the forum.

You can cue usual formatting tags <color>xxxx</color> i believe

Id hazard a guess the the <L> is left :stuck_out_tongue: try <C>

Hi,

1. I tried using the Hex code in the Action, but it didnā€™t work (tried with and without the #). Will do a quick search for that list.

2. Think iā€™ve hit my computing skills limit, I tried to make the font white with:

<font Calibri><block 0,0,0,0><size 80> <color> #FFFFFF </color>Total: Ā£[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</size></block> <br/> <block 0,0,0,0 center 700><size 35>No of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</size></block></font>

But this just resulted in:

Tried moving the to the end, but it was the same result except there was no white at all.
Iā€™m guessing iā€™m doing it completely wrong.

1. Tried <C>, if anything it moved it to the left more :joy:

it would be <color white> YOUR TEXT </color> (like in HTML)

Try putting <C> after the <br/>
Also could try <center> YOUR TEXT </center>

I also meant using hex# code in background field in the update actionā€¦

Right,

Brilliant, thanks - got the colour working (almost). It appears the font reverts back to Times New Roman instead of Calibri (picture attached) and some illegible writing which I can only assume says </Font>. Note: I tried swapping the positions of <font Calibri> and <color White> - that resulted in Calibri text coming again, but in black.

Rule:
<font Calibri><color White><block 0,0,0,0><size 80> Total: Ā£[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</size></block> <br/><block 0,0,0,0 center 700><size 35>No of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</size></block></color></font>

Also, sorry to be a pain, but the Center didnā€™t work, nothing came up at all.

Thanks JTR for all your help, going to read about HTML for a bit!

EDIT: Hex# in the action field did work the second time round. Thanks

You might need to put the colour tag inside the font tagā€¦ Iā€™ve never used non default fonts so not sure.

When I said HTML it was a comparison rather than saying it used HTML, Iā€™m not sure the exact code type or if itā€™s emre that sets it.

The reason the font has changed is because you have removed the < L > tag from the beginning put that back in and it will work fine

You need to play about with the block tag i think to get it centered, when im back on my laptop ill get mine up and share it, i think i already have somewhere but cant remember

1 Like

(Comment: Ah the ā€œMasterā€ of Application Subtitle is in da house!)

2 Likes

This is the reason you need to have the < L > tag, its to do with allowing printer tags to work in the header (im still trying to find a post with my settings)

Heres the tutorial i did and this has the settings i used for my header including it centering the text across two lines

Tou couldnt see it before as it was a V5 beta topic, ive just changed it to V5 Tutorial for all to see :smile:

Hope this helps

4 Likes