URGENT Running Live! Printing Issue......Kitchen Order not printing

You’re probably right there. I hope change to cable will fix this issue, it’s a disaster.

Can you use HTML printer mode when you hook up via print server?

Hooking them in Ethernet is the best option. Having his POS connected via WiFi could easily affect printing during busy times.

Can you zip and PM me log.txt file that can be found under [My Documents]\SambaPOS4. Maybe it generates an useful error message but you didn’t noticed that.

2 Likes

Just a moment Emre, I’ll inbox you right away.

Oppss, sorry, I think we have to wait till tomorrow morning, my staff is using the PC now. I’ll send the file to you asap.

@emre i experienced the missing of order printing in food printer again
here is the file

@strashy your log file contains nothing other than a couple database connection errors. Do you generally send prints from that PC? Can you check printer queue for possible failed prints?

@madiha you’ve received a lot of The printer name is invalid errors. The last one recorded at 11/9. If it didn’t happened while you’re trying to configure printer it may mean you’re loosing connection with printer.

I’m wondering are you creating local printers or just type network name of the printer?

i am typing network name like \Server-PC\food

i got the last printing error yesterday

PS how can i send you uploaded file directly asking becasue of copyright issues :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if it helps or not but mapping the network printer might be something you can try.

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/cits/gettinghelp/getmeconnected/Pages/addingnetworkprinters.aspx

You definately need to add a mapped printer and connect to that printer. The way your using it is sending directly to printer If you map network printer first and just connect to that mapped printer then it will send it to a spooler and you will know what the problem is if it does not print… either printer will be offline or an error and windows will tell you the error.

The way your using it… you cannot tell in windows if the printer is listed as offline or not.

FYI, I changed from wifi to cable since this morning, so far so good. Also, I think this issue happens when there are many people stand near the POS PC where the USB wifi receiver plugged.

I always get bad wifi ratio in middle of the meeting when so many people around my laptop or in a room.

When I play with SambaPOS at home, the next day, right after connect my laptop to the network, the LAN printers start printing everything I did last night. So, I guess, this thread’s case happen when POS PC sent the printing signal, but for some reason the signal can’t get to the router correctly.

Wireless is HORRIBLE for mission critical systems. EXPECIALLY in a restaraunt… even just equipment, cooking equipment and other things can interfere with it.

I checked with my technician he confirmed, both printers are actually configured LOCALLY that mean both printers are connected using USB directly to the Server.

my apology to write on top that the printer are shared on network using “\Server-PC\food”

@madiha The Printer Name is Invalid error means SambaPOS can’t find the printer with that name. As you can print but randomly can’t access to that printer that means you are randomly loosing connection with printer. SambaPOS does not directly access to printers. We ask printer list from windows and if your printer is in that list we ask windows to send the printout.

This goes back to the original situation. You have two printers hooked into a windows xp machine… and you are sending print commands from other versions of windows… This is known to cause issues its well documented. The solution was discussed already earlier in this post.

Can you clear something up for me. Is the server the windows xp machine or is that the terminal your sending the print command from? Or is the windows xp machine just a client but the printers are hooked to it.

It should be windows 7 as sambapos 4 don’t work on XP.

If the server is the windows 7 machine… then how did you get SambaPOS to run on the windows xp machine which you stated was in the kitchen with the printers hooked to it? I think were getting some stuff mixed up lol. If you could start over from beginning and make sure you explain how its setup little more clearly we might pinpoint this. It sounds like it could be a network issue… and if in fact you do have a windows xp machine running sambaposv4 that could be part of the issue.

Or if its just a machine to serve as a print server… that could still be the problem as windows 7 and windows xp do not like to communicate to each other well.

I dont agree totally…
I have two terminals wireless, and a wireles printer server. I had problems in the begining becuase the second terminal was 80 meters form my router and signal was not so strong, but as soon as I connected a repeater (wireless too) everything run smoothly… I am using this layout since december without a single problem.
Now I use only TP-LINK products… not the best not the worst, plug and play…

G.