Urgent *SAmba POS v4 not sending printing instruction to thermal printer *

not yet as it’s POS printer

If its POS58 (small Chinese 57mm printer) its similar to mine and should be OK?
It wouldnt be the terminal settings (where you choose report and transaction printer) would it?
I was stumped for an hour once as couldn’t get report to print and turned out I hadn’t set it on the terminal settings page and assigned a terminal in local settings.
That was reports but there is the transaction printer field there also.

We are trying to get it to print orders not reports that is different. It probably has to do with Printer Type.

Yes It is chinese 57 mm printer. But I not understand what you are telling ?

@vicky he was referring to the Report Printer options for printing reports which is not what you are trying to do so just ignore that for now. Instead of Ticket Printer try setting it as HTML printer.

Let me install version 4 so I can help you better it has different printer settings than v5.

This is the page I was refering to…
There is a transaction printer field as well as report.

My similar printer works fine with the ESC/POS option.

I have following setting

But my concern is printing bill.

1 Like

I am pretty sure its the Printer Type I just got v4 installed again maybe I can help you work through it.

OK Ticket Printer should work however you need to make sure your printer is set correctly in its drivers. Can you give us a screenshot of your printer settings from the Printers Drivers?

I dont think it was ticket printer but my V4 is linked to server thats switched off.
Sure it was ESC/POS <-- ignore me on that, must have changed in V5
MY BAD, LOL you beat me to it, just jumped on, my spare machine.

I dont think i used the drivers on the disc that came with my printer, I just used GENERIC TEXT ONLY driver from the I have the disc option (that being a similar Chinese printer) and it works fine for ticket/receipt prints and reports etc.

I would add that you might want to drop the line character count to I think about 32 for this narrower printer.

Now I tried it as HTML printer but not printing invoice/bill.
Although it printing report and accounts. Can you elaborate what is the reason for locking of ticket when pressing print button.

In theory I think its to force unlock (as a form of user response prompt) before adding anything else etc after the customer has been given the bill.

I have checked my settings on mine and all are same exc, cash draw and NV logo options but that shouldnt matter, but you say it is outputting from samba now?

Was going to suggest you check the print que encase there were errorsome prints in there but if its printing something that wouldnt be the case.

In your drivers under the device settings tab. The option for Print Mode what are your options for that? Other than Print an Image

Mine which sounds like a similar model has option to spint as soft text or soft font (something like that)
Mine prints tickets and reports fine with the defult settings which are pretty much identical.

This comment would suggest to me the issue is in Samba settings rather than printer setup as are getting some prints. Do you agree?

Start over. Follow this, and if you still have problems, ask again…

Printer

Template

Print Job

Terminal Settings

Print Bill Action

Print Bill Rule

Thanks …Its work…with all of your support it working … :grinning:

1 Like

how to delete default entities

If you have used an entity on a ticket before you will not be able to delete it… but you can change its name.

1 Like

I moved a post to a new topic: User permissions