Urgent ... Weird behaviour when incrementing system variable

Good to know. So you are claiming that this issue is a result of running more than a single Windows User Session. Interesting. Now I have a way for me to test this without RDP. Thanks for that.

EDIT: Hmm… seems I need to learn how to run SambaPOS in multiple User Sessions… right now, one session/instance is logged in and WP is started, but in the other session/instance, the WP is closed… why are they not “aware of each-other”? I even have the Terminals set uniquely in Local Settings in each session…

10 posts were split to a new topic: SambaPOS in multiple Windows User Sessions

:confused:
2nd waitress clocked in an hour ago, no doubles right now … but not a lot of customers this lunch time … let’s wait.

I currently have the Script/Report method running, and no doubles.

Switched to Update +1 method without Report Tag, no doubles…

Switched to Increase Value 1, no doubles…

@plume,

Please post the Report you are using to track the SerialNumber Tag.

(Btw I don’t really need that reports to see doubles, the printed tickets are enough)

[SerialNumber:1, 3, 5]

{REPORT SQL DETAILS:

SELECT Id,Value,Name

FROM ProgramSettingValues

WHERE Id = '23'

:F.Id,F.Value,F.Name}

[Table Custom:2,2, 3, 2]

>Terminal|T Numb|SerialNumber|Amount

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.Terminal,T.TicketNumber,TT.SunatNumber.desc,T.TotalAmount:}

I was told to use:
{GLOBAL SETTING:SerialNumber}
instead of
{SETTING:SerialNumber}

I am almost sure that will give NO double, I am just making a last try this lunch time replacing:

{GLOBAL SETTING:SerialNumber}
by
[=TN('{REPORT SQL DETAILS:SELECT [Value] FROM [ProgramSettingValues] WHERE [Name]='SerialNumber':F.Value}')]

Then I’ll use you script.

##Report

[Ticket Serials:1,2,2,1,2,2,2]
>>DB|{REPORT SQL DETAILS:SELECT [Value] FROM [ProgramSettingValues] WHERE [Name]='SerialNumber':F.Value}

>>Payment
>tNum|tDate|pDate|Ser|tUser|pUser|Terminal
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.Time,P.Time,TT.SerNum.desc,T.User,P.User,T.Terminal}

>>Ticket
>tNum|tDate|pDate|Ser|tUser|pUser|Terminal
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.Time,T.LastPaymentDate,TT.SerNum.desc,T.User,-,T.Terminal}

The only diff I see is:

In Yellow, my “TagValue” variable’s name was : “SerialNumber” I don’t know if it has impact

Could you try with that?

UPDATE:

Got doubles.

Still no doubles.

Should not matter.

The variable name in the Action is not related to the Program Setting Name… erm, at least it shouldn’t be!

Shouldn’t make any difference, but I will try it.

Currently still using Update+1 method, without Report (using {SETTING:SerialNumber}).

Do you mean to say use {GLOBAL SETTING:SerialNumber} in the Update and the Tag?

Is that mean Update Program Setting use value store in memory when Update Type set to Increase?

Seems that way, don’t know, just reporting it is “broken”, imo.

yes in both actions …

It seems if it find the value in memory it won’t read from database. After logout from POS and log back in, it update correct value.