Using data read from an RFID card

Some of the actions talked about above are not shown in this flow as they didn’t solve the problem so no reason to leave them in.

Sorry for the delay. That’s a bit of a long winded process

So what happens if you scan card, hit close on payment screen then go back to payment screen and scan it again? Does it work the 2nd time?

Also does the value ever actually say Null? If its just empty and doesnt actually say Null then your action constraint your using for Null value will never check out. Null is not the same thing as no value.

The card doesn’t have a Null value. This was a default that I added in the event no match was found when it searched the database. My original condition was to look for null was
‘{ENTITY DATA:VIP:CardValid}’==’’

1 Like

Try removing some of the actions and just test a basic action. So we can rule out if its your action constraints or not. Or if its even possible to do that in a single rule in payment screen. My guess is its not.

I’m not really sure how I can do that. If I scan the card and show a message I’ve already established that it shows the correct values. I can’t readily see how to test it other than running the actions with the constraints

Your display payment screen… its at bottom after you try to execute everything?

I just dont think its possible to execute all that at payment screen. I will test it myself.

How do you know its using previous card data? Your scanning multiple cards?

So I am fairly sure it needs to close payment screen to update properly. Try close ticket action and then display payment screen action in that order.

all the discount stuff has been running fine for several years, it’s only the card scan and messages that are new.

I have several test cards corresponding to different VIP profiles so I know what to expect, What I am seeing is that I am getting the results from the previous card and if i do two scans of the same card I get the correct results on the 2nd scan

Try what I said above.

Not sure I have done that correctly. I added a close ticket action before the final TGL_Refresh Payment screen. That didn’t help. I moved it to after update discount and that didn’t help either.

In both cases when I clicked Close on the payment screen I ended up in new ticket screen that couldn’t close and could only get out of by logging out

Seems I have resolved this by grouping the various actions and putting them into automation commands then running the automation commands as actions under the rule. If I put the constraints into the Actions inside the AC groupings it runs fine. If I apply them directly to the AC it seems to go back to using the parameters from the previous card.

Whilst this resolves the problem it would be nice to understand what is happening here as it doesn’t seem very logical!