V5.6.2 Open Tabs in Management disappear after navigating out of Management

There seems to be an issue with open tabs in Management, then navigating out of Management then back into Management. The tabs disappear but Samba appears to know they are open with no visible way of closing/redisplaying the tab.

In this animation I open up the Gift Rule, navigate to the main menu and back into Management. The Gift Rule tab disappears. In the animation, I am clicking on the Gift Rule to try display it. In the reports I do the same thing and point to the main section tab is grayed out that Samba knows a tab is open (the Rule tab behaves the same way.)

Samba.Presentation_CmLVM4kD5X

Using Version 5.6.2

Also there are now 2 Keyboard buttons on the lower left of the screen.

When Emre was alive, we used to install the new version with excitement every time a new version was released, wondering - what new things have come ? …
Now, with every new version, we are worried about - which part did they break ? - and we hesitate to install it.

3 Likes

This is not normal with 5.6.2. Something unique is happened with yours. Can you try installing it again ?

I take that back I reproduced it. Thanks Bob we will fix this.

@Black I totally understand the feeling. It was different time back then. In fact Emre had stopped working on SambaPOS well before his death. He was working on the next big thing. We are rapidly trying to bring sambapos up to add all the features everyone requests.

Emre had plenty of bugs as well but the focus was different then when all we had was just Sambapos. Now we have a larger team and lots of projects.

We will continue to improve and we do value your feedback thank you.

2 Likes

We all miss Emre very very much. But our team has been doing incredible things. We will solve any bug that comes up as fast as we can like we always have.

@Bob_be Bob can you send your error to help@sambapos.com so our ticketing system can track it?

@Jesse, thanks for confirming the issue. I sent an email to help.

Thanks Bob we got it. Our team will look at it.