V5 Freezes AFTER Login

I have V5 installed on a test computer where I make all my changes before uploading them to my business computer. Business computer has been working fine while test computer stopped working recently after upgrading from win 7 to Win 10 Pro. Reinstalling everything from the beginning to make sure everything is workign correctly. Sambapos works fine with sample data db but once I restore my database and try loging in it freezes on the “main menu” screen so there is no way to go into “manage screen”. If I delete the database from SQLEXPRESS it goes back to sample data db and everything works fine again.

I am running Win 10 Pro on my test computer which is the ONLY difference from my business computer. Versions are ALL the same just as I have on business computer. Was wondering if anyone has had something similar going on.

Any help welcome. Thank You.

The cause is very likely to be misconfiguration of something in Automation.

Are you using SQL Express LocalDB or Express “full”?

Post the log file …

[Documents]\SambaPOS5\log.txt

Thanks for responding to my post.

The log.txt file is empty. I believe I use EXPRESS FULL since I installed SQL first and then SAMBA.
It freezes and I have to kill the process or “END TASK” in Task Manager. Unfortunately I don’t have much else to add. I am now looking to see whether or not it is a windows issue.

Detailed_Logs.txt and log.txt is empty. Windows doesn’t show anything on event viewer. SAMBAPOS is showing “Test…” at the bottom where you would see the message server connection. It is now over 10 minutes that I am waiting for it to respond (with “Test…” at bottom) so it is safe to say that it will never finish the test and I have to kill the task.

If you hit alt+tab is there an error screen hidden? It sounds like a connection string issue but the error is behind the app. If it works with default dB but not yours it could certainly be connection string issue or corrupted dB. It would not be windows issue if it works fine with default dB.

It may not be connecting to the database either.

Check on your database for login rules, check there is no potential issue there…
You could have a user or terminal mapping which is making work on existing system which is different on the testing machie.