V5 Issues and Cash out

I started with V3 on out 2 terminals (Simple 2GB Pentium Windows 7) and it worked quite OK.

Then we had issues with cash out appearing on daily reports included in sales so I needed to customize the daily reports and was told to use the report customizer. After purchasing the module I was told it could not customer the end of day report.

I have now upgrade to V5 to get the ability to customize the report but the startup time is incredible slow and I have converted the database and can see it all out data/menus but wen we go to place and order and settle of void the transaction it does not leave the order entry screen. Obviously one of our actions/automations is not working in V5 as if I reload a blank database it works.

I have tried using SQL tools just to load menu items and entities but as they get different ids it does not work. I do not want to have to recreate our whole system from scratch again.

Is there and alternative?

Is there a way to make it quicker?

Thanks,

George

Go to settings - program settings and maintenance click the button that fixes old rules. This is while in your original db.

1 Like

It is true the initial loading of SambaPOS in V4 and V5 is longer than V3, however this is just the initial loading, once the software is running the speed will be fine. Usually you would only be opening the software at the start of each day, so it won’t be causing you any issues in actual usage.

I have tried the maintenance button to fix old rules and still have the issue that I cannot settle a transaction. It does not matter if I pay the order or void the items once I go into a order screen I cannot get out of it. I see there are other people with similar issues so there is definately an issue with the V5 upgrade.
Once if the suggestions of the other posts was to export all menus/items and reload than into a blank v5 database. How can I do that it that is the only option?

Show a screenshot of a Ticket so we can see the Status State of the Ticket.

Show the following Rules with the Actions expanded:

Default Settle Rule
Close Ticket Rule
Ticket Payment Check
Ticket Closing Rule

Here are the rules. Help would be appreciated.

Your Rules look good.

There are some other things that can cause this behavior however. For one of the last people that had a similar issue, they had an improperly configured Transaction Type that had to do with Tax. It was missing a default Account. To track down that mis-configuration, we had to inspect their DB.