V5 Licence Activation issue after reboot

@narmeet can you create a database backup and PM me the zip file?

Hello,
Here I’m again for Licence-related problem.

Since it happens apparently randomly only on PC restart on RDP user login, it doesn’t impact the workflow much.

To fix the problem i log off sambamarket, log off all rdp users but one, restart sambapos, clear licence keys and log back in sambamarket. Then log back in the other rdp users
After restart:

On the first RDP user i get a “Not Valid Licence Found” message when trying to open the POS and the red Unregistered Trial insn’t present beside the Sambapos Logo.
On the Samba market i’m logged in, the Activate button is greyed-out, there is red “working in trial mode. Please Activate.”

On the second RDP i get the Red Unregistered Trial beside the logo, POS is accessible and on the Sambamarket the situation is same as the first one.

Also the HH and VIP system doesn’t work even if i trigger it manually. Maybe isn’t related but might help.

I already made a Backup trough SQL Management studio if needed i can PM it.

Regards
Claudio

• Install V5 License on RDP Terminals for all different windows users you have to access RDP Sessions.
  • Disable automatic backups and Backup Manually until next update (.61). If you need to have automatic backups try backing up to a local drive or disable “manage licenses” option on backup settings.
2 Likes

Hi @emre i cant activate my SambaPOS too. I have the version 5.1.61
when i use samba without sql server i can activate but if i am connected to the sql server its not working
 you can help me please? 

Your license keys stored in Database so when you change your database you need to Clear License keys on sambamarket.com website and reactivate V5 License Module.

1. Update your database connection, test if it connected fine & Shutdown SambaPOS.
  2. Visit sambamarket.com > My Products page & clear license keys.
  3. Restart SambaPOS.
  4. Login & Activate V5 License module.

ok thank you! it works!

Hi, Im using Samba POS version 5, i have clear license key more than 3 times for each time error “you have modules that need to be activated”. It will long lasting maximum 2 weeks and minumum 3 days before the error prompt again and i have to do the activation again and again. please advise what is the permanent solution to get rid of this issue.

Do you use training mode? There were issues with the database duplication that this entails causing licence issues before.
Its an oddity, I manage 5 systems daily locally for clients who have not needed reactivation since install, one it about 3 years live now.
Id suggest a clean sweep for licence/module;
Uninstall licence module on all terminals.
Close all samba instances.
Clear database key on samba portal.
start samba on main machine
instal module
restart samba
activate.
start and install module on all other terminals then restart.

1 Like