V5 support for multi outlet?

But if you were setting up menu at HO for example and wanted to duplicate the menu via config tasks to all sites how would you store the menu info?
My script/sql was only duplicating within the database not taking elsewhere.
Guessing would need to script the required info into another format and another script to then read that back into the site database?

You would simply script the menu and use a configuration task to execute that script. But you could go beyond that and allow customizations or other things like confirmations etc. Heck you could even build a configuration task that builds a menu for you.

Dont forget you can use parametersā€¦ so for the parts that are unique to the sites databases you paramaterize that and its up to you how you store those or ask for those.

Initialization is where you set your parameters.

Example coming up.

1 Like

Hi @Jesse, love to follow through all the things here.:smiley:

Yes but thats against the purpose of the question, if you want exact same on bothā€¦

Duplicating a menu is allloooooot of perimetersā€¦

I really got to hit the hay, please as always kendash :slightly_smiling: will have to check your example tomorrowā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

So whatever you choose for Payment Type on Step 1 is placed wherever you put [:Payment Type] in the other stepsā€¦

So for this example in the SQL portion I showed you earlier you notice its taking the parameter value for Payment Type.

1 Like

I will show a more clear exampleā€¦ its little more basic:

Set up parameters:

Use these parameters in various steps;

1 Like

Notice that is a step that creates a REPORT. Notice the Name of report is parameter so is actual data inside the reportā€¦

1 Like

Understood, but to the previous point, since there is no menu/product creation option it would all be script and SQL.
If you want to transfer data in that way how would you achive that?
You couldnt justify writing whole config task to update menu you would need an export task and an import task but how would you export/import a large set of variables which are NOT user input prompts?

Export and Import of what? It would execute the SQL on that databaseā€¦ You build a menu and then script it into SQL and you can use that SQL however you want in the config task.

its obvious I need to start with basics and we can work up to this. Lets rest for now and when I get time I will start explaining config tasks from basic steps onward.

PS You dont have to use input prompts with configuration Tasksā€¦ that was just one example. You can hardcode parameters and use SQL to even retreieve data to use as a parameter. In fact one of the screenshots showed just thatā€¦ Notice for Payment Types it was retreiving all payment types and then matching them to the input but you wouldnt have to use inputā€¦

A menuā€¦
If you wanted to update/transfer a whole menu from one database to another without back/restore to retain configuration and sales data.

Ok, getting somewhere, how would you ā€˜script a menuā€™
My clone category script took one table and edited few buts and inserted it back into the table as new rows (clone)
This process wouldnt work without being connected to both databases so the table would need to be exported in some way and held in parameters in some way, unless im missing something obviousā€¦

Yes but its checking data on the input database, not reading data from the original where task was created.

What im asking is how would you build a script/list of variables from one database into config task to then be input to another. Only way I can imagine is via external file via some form of array.

You script itā€¦ let me show youā€¦

Look at this.

1 Like

Basically you take the contents of that script and that becomes your SQL for the task.

1 Like

Wish I had seen that before writing that script by hand.

Writing by hand is good practice but MSSMS has lots of tools to automate that stuff.

BTW I wrote that over a year ago so it might need a few updates.

You guy awesome!:slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Hmmm. just tested a theoryā€¦
As I thought reports are based on Item Id
This will play havoc with reports if not careful;

Blank space is 1st test product, (test name, test group 10 price) one that says test is after delecting first one and adding same back with different priceā€¦
Thats group salesā€¦
Item sales seems to go by name luckily (for me anyway as that would be my main concern;

This will presumably be because there is no item id to lookup the group codeā€¦