Variable Delivery Charges (based on Zones)

Kb.sambapos.com have you seen our knowledge base?

Hi Jesse. Yes i have seen and have achieved alot of that its has almost everything when it comes to programming. I was wondering for more detailed And complex customizations. More for learning purpose. Like for Pizza business there are so many deals that are way complicated and work on if and/or logic eg. 2 and 3 pizzas deal and that is valid on both specialty pizzas and unlimited custom toppings pizzas. If i select any of those 2 pizzas Deal applies automatically (this we have achieved via current settings)and when i add 3rd pizza 3 pizzas deal over rules the 2 pizza deal. Those kind of Deals.

Personally i think an approach for handling more complex deals is to go the ticket calculation route.
It maybe be a little more interesting working our report type expression to calculate the discount but if you stick to fundamentals you’ll see at big stores like tesco here in UK.
Like a product will only even be in one deal at a time. Gets crazy complex if you have multiple overlapping deals that can’t both be used at same time. At least if you want completly automatic application given.
You can tier deals like different qty or value but sticking within the 1st rule and expanding.

Going the ticket level calculation in my opinion makes updating as orders are added or taken off easier which is harder to automate seamlessly.

If you look at flr example the recent eat out to help out discount topic. Thats calculated based on a product tag to specify aplicable items, is a % doscount with a cap.

The hotel group i work for primerally has a loyalty and regular discount for food and drink, plus staff.
Using a wet dry item tag to create two distinct product sets these are then calculated and updated on the fly at each types rate based on customer type using a ticket state. The ticket state sets the discount level, item tag sets which products are included in the two % rates.
The other approach is a discount type tag on products then you can tally up the total on the applicable products for calculating the discount.

Getting more creative you could incorporate scripts to work b3g1f type deals althligh there is a built in feature for a few types of offers like that.

I opted for ticket level as made it easy to control setting a specific flow for where the hotel does daily deals, segmenting the flow as such that a ticket state or similar defines which calculations are triggered, and that state then defines the offers calculated without clashes allowing simpler managment of daily deals where products may overlap, so a product could be included in monday offer and tuesday deal without having to cut and update date constraints on each calculation while allowing other options to overide, ie a Monday deal could be overridden with a loyalty %discount by simply selecting the loyalty member entity which updates the deal state with the loyalty discount state.for where deals cannot be combines.without having to include all the exclusions within the deal automation and via versa.

1 Like