Variable prices for some products using order tags

We have some products with variable prices. Up till now we are using the change price button. However I find using an order tag with the Free tagging option easier and more intuitive. Is it possible to have a functionality like this without having to enter a description (name)?

As a bonus it would be really great if the option screen automatically pops up :slight_smile:

Look in Manage > Products > Menu List > [YourMenu] > [chooseCategory] > Edit Product Properties

In the list of Menu Items, ensure you check the box called Auto Select. This causes the “option screen” to automatically open for the selected Menu Item.

No, this is the way Free Tagging works. That said, there are other (better) ways to accomplish what you want using Automation. For example, when a variable-price Item is selected, you could have a prompt automatically appear for you to enter the Price. If that would work for you, we can show you how to do it.

@QMcKay thank you for the reply!

A prompt for the price would be a better solution, so it would be really great if you could show how to do it.

The auto select option is a great feature for other cases, so thank you for the image.

Create a miscellaneous item with zero price

Create the following UPDATE ORDER Action

Create the following ORDER ADDED TO TICKET rule

Put this in the Price field of the action [?Enter New Price;(\d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2})?|0;;OCN;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|190,48,8]

Dont forget to add default mapping to the rules and actions and here is the flow

1. Select Miscellaneous Item from POS Menu

2. Pop Up Appears to enter price (in the format of XX.XX)

3. Order price updated

2 Likes

@RickH beat me to it. That is exactly the same this I was going to show you.

The only thing that might throw you off a bit is that input prompt, shown as:

[?Enter New Price;(\d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2})?|0;;OCN;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|190,48,8]

For more information on how that prompt is formatted, controlled, restricted, see here:

1 Like

You could Simplify it to just [?Enter Price;;;;] to display a full keyboard

OR

[?Enter New Price;;;OCN;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|190,48,8] for the keypad

This bit i have cut out is the format that price has to be in to be accepted eg. 1.99 or 29.99, i have mine set to allow decimals from 0.01 to 9999.99 and everything in between (not that ill need that high lol). it wont accept 2 digits so you couldnt type 20 it would have to be 20.00

hope that helps

4 Likes

BTW @RickH I tease a lot with V5 but I know you love the custom keyboards so much. V5 we can turn the keys into automation buttons :stuck_out_tongue: Also check this out:

2 Likes

I WANT V5 NOW!!! haha :slight_smile:

Thanks everybody for the replies!!! This is exactly what I need :slight_smile:

I implemented the solution from above. The only minor issue I had was there is a dot in the input prompt. A price of 1.20 was made into 120 (probably because of local settings) The code from below uses a comma and works perfectly.

Just in case anybody needs it:

[?Geef nieuwe prijs;(\d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2})?|0;;OCN;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|188,48,8]
1 Like

how do we set the keypad to be custom buttons @Jesse? can we assign automation command buttons here?

1 Like

This is v5 only feature @RickH. Look in beta forum and look at features thread.

In v5 you will be able to assign automation commands to custom keyboard keys.

Sorry i did it again, keep forgetting im posting in the wrong section, my bad :frowning: