What do "1/n" and "Balance" supposed to do in Payment Screen?

In payment, the “1/n” and “Balance” seems to do nothing,c an someone tell what they supposed to do?

and what affect its behavior so that I know how to change them back to normal operation.
I am assuming the “1/n” means split the total bill into “n” equal payments, correct? If so, it should ask me to enter the value for “n”.

I will reinstall a new copy of the SambaPOS v5 in new computer to study the defaults again and compare to my current installation in a development machine.

I beleive you press the number on the keypad first to correspond to n then press 1/n. As for balance, Im not sure.

Thanks for the quick reply and tried your suggestion, it did give me the desired 1/n value which you mentioned but then the payment screen get stuck with the $ amount of what the last time it is calculated whatever I do for other payment on other tickets.

After trying your suggestion, I somewhat understand what the “Balance” do, it seems to mean to return the number on the “Total” back to the total balance left unpaid - somewhat like a reset.

The X should clear tendered amount.
If payment buttons are not enabled after entering an amount it can mean there is an accounts setup issue.

The “X” did not clear the entry anymore after the above trial with the “1/n” thing. I will see what I find out from accounts setup

Hmm, been a while since I used it.
1/n should change the total not the charged…

Problem goes away after completely exit SambaPOS and I figure out the operation of the “1/n” and the usage of the the $amount of “1/n” below the button Balance with the help of a new install of Samba in another machine. However, this seems to be a bug somewhere if user is pressing the wrong thing during the payment.

For now, I will move on as I can deal with by an exit and run the program again but if more people encounter the same issue, it then warrant a fix Samba. It may be just some memory issue my my computer as well.

Balance mode is for making a Payment to an Entity Account, based on the (Customer) Entity that is assigned to the Ticket, assuming that Entity has a related Account.

I will try to digest what you just said and experiment on it to grasp the meaning.