What is smartest way to do testing

Ha wow you are something else. Look at that. Neato.

Just be careful playing with some of the ones I wrote… expecially the time clock one. It will add a TON of automation you may not want in the live database unless you were sure what it was.

You just click on them to execute them.

We have a better time clock anyway that we recently developed.

I agree. Wonderful POS. Worth every penny.

We were stressing and found it at the very last minute.
Its been great, but I have had so little time.
Luckily through many late nights, its all up and working just need to keep making it better.

Here is the live place up and working as of this week.

In action.
55%20PM

2 Likes

Awesome… btw you can get fancy with table layout and use images behind the Entity buttons… I have seen some very fancy looking table layouts. I have seen some where a guy took cad software and designed an exact replica of his floorplan it looked like you were looking down from the ceiling and then put the the entities where the pictures of the actual tables were… It looked like you were literally pressing on the actual tables.

Yeah the time clock feature may be a ways out. She likes to have them use a punch clock for now.

What I am interested in down the road, is the inventory part.
I would like to try and get them away from so many paper documents and looking at all the inventory and counting it one by one at the end of the night. Beer and wine especially.

1 Like

Yes I would let them run it for a few months first. Even after 3 or 4 months you will still be adding a few tweaks here and there.

Inventory is very powerful. You can track it to suppliers even.

That is nice. I just did a basic one in photoshop, saved png and put the entities on the place holders.

I may get fancy later. Wouldn’t hurt. I would like to see some custom ones.

1 Like

This is a link to the time clock we were working on. It is mostly finished but I think it would have been even better. Sadly Emre passed away shortly after we developed this.

I need to convert it to a configuration task.

timeclock6.zip (8.9 KB)

The way it works is when a user logs in it asks if they wish to clock in. Then they can clock out from the Time Clock screen. Or you can make a button to do it and put it anywhere. If clocked in already it wont ask. It has a full punch editor included as well as basic reports.

I integrated 7shifts into it. I use 7shifts for scheduling and time clocking at my restaurant and I integrated it to SambaPOS. So my employees clock in through sambaPOS and it records it all in 7shifts for me. 7shifts.com

1 Like

This is looking gooood. Anything that can save her some time is a good thing.

With 7 shifts I do all my scheduling through it and my employees use an app to see their schedule and to request time off etc. They clock in on sambapos and it records it all in 7shifts so I see real time on my phone my labor, their times they clocked in clocked out, etc.

I havnt done paper schedules in a long time. It takes me like 15 minutes to do a schedule now and my employees get notified immediately on the app. Having it integrated in sambaPOS is awesome too.

Here is one we did with one of our clients. He used https://www.roomsketcher.com/ to design the layout himself, paid I think $49 so he could export the 3D high quality version (you can also do well with the free version but it is more 2D when exported). We then used the floor plan in SambaPOS and over lay the entity buttons on the tables.

3 Likes

That is cool, but they are really liking how they see their name on the table I have done for them. How does server name look in this situation, on the tables?

Jesse P it didnt work out at home like you said it would. Can not get past this.

Do you have the licence module installed?
If nothing else just fill it out.

Not sure what you mean. I just want to have a clone of the live place, on my laptop for testing. Jesse suggested to leave it in trial mode which it is, but this nag showed up.

I dont want to mess up our live restaurant messing with this. Scared to type anything in. What should I do?

I think you get that is the licence module isn’t installed at all in the samba market tool, check, if it is.

???