What is the magic behind Reopen Closed Ticket?

Hi,

I understood what is the IsClosed “hidden” Ticket tag in this topic

So I am using the Reopen Closed Ticket to reverse it.
(not using the refund yet)

Apparently something happens (IsClosed must be false again) because now my ticket tags are available again for modifications. Great.

However as I only allow reopening a ticket during the same workperiod, I put a Popup Windows in the Reopen Rule to be sure the Ticket Workperiod is the same as the current workperiod:

Reopen Rule:

Popup Action

Doing this I noticed 2 things:

1. Reopening Ticket, changing or not that ticket, when pressing the big red Close button in the ticket screen:
  • I am sent back to the Ticket List Screens : OK
  • Is IsClosed true again or do I have to Set Ticket as Closed again?
  1. My popup windows should appear when I click on the Reopen button in the Ticket screen. It does not. On the contrary the popup appears when I click on the big red Close button ant it appears twice, like here:

I don’t get it.
Update: Or I get it … related to point 1), the big red Close button is not a basic button to switrch from one screen to another, if I understand correctly when clicking on that big red Close button:
**Or it goes back to entities screen (Tables, customers, …) sending new orders if needed **
Or it “realised” that the ticket is Paid, goes back to the ticket list screen but still doing the Before Ticket Closing > Ticket Payment Check

1. Reversing IsClosed makes Ticket TAGS available for modification again. OK. But not the entities, these are still grayed out. I guess something to do with mapping ticket status type …

Marc

First, let me give you a tip that will help you in the long-run. Don’t do this:

Do this instead:

Then in your Rule, supply the values:

That would be controlled by the Ticket Payment Check Rule. So if the Remaining Amount to be Paid = 0 then YES, the Ticket will be set to IsClosed when you click the Close button.

That ^ is why the Reopen Closed Ticket Action should be immediately followed by a Cancel Ticket Payments Action, so that the Remaining Amount to be Paid is not 0, but instead would become the Ticket Total, so the above Rule would not fire, and the Ticket would remain IsClosed=0 (false).

Popups do not display when a Ticket is open on the screen. That’s why they are appearing after you close the Ticket. You can use a Show Message Action instead.

It might have to do with Ticket Status State, but I would guess it is because the Ticket might be IsLocked. As I mentioned in the other Topic, I disabled the Lock Ticket Action in the Print Bill Rule. If the Ticket has IsLocked=1 (true) that might be preventing changing of the Entities.

Thanks !!
It start to be as clear as clear water :slight_smile:

I am not using Print Bill Rule (I however disabled the Locked Ticket option like you did).
I am using ACM Auto Print Rule for Cash instead in which I don’t see any reference to Lock Ticket.

I’ll try with a refund (which will toggle Paid to unpaid) I guess that will work, however I don’t mind to make a refund for the current work period but I don’t want it for a previous workperiod, in the previous workperiod I want the waiter to be able to modify only the printed data (customers data), better said the entities only.

Update:

You were right, in the Reopen Closed Ticket rule, I added the Unlock Ticket action and I can now change the entities, while the Ticket Status stays Paid.
So good so far.