What will be the best way to offer a free Item off a main meal purchase

Good question @Hasa I may take a challenge and see if its possible with v5. I dont think it was with v4.

Yeah but my point revolves around theft not a matter of inconvenience. If caught a waitress can use excuse that she forgot to remove it etc. I know you can also track how many free were given out but you would have to look at every ticket to see if it was part of a bundle or not.

I feel that an introduction to a “condition of while order is included in ticket” set price list to :breakfast special would improve our combos work flow tremendously and I think even perfect it.

Can you explain further
 where would this condition be?

BTW I am experimenting with Combos in v5. With the new setting that stores Current Menu I am experimenting with using different menus for combos. Also using the Update Order Group action to categorize them in ticket. In v5 now that we can switch Menus while inside a ticket I think I can make the transition smooth as if its just another item category on main menu.

Well the only way I would see it happening would be an event under rules. So make a rule with an event that maybe emre could create “while order exists” and then custom constraint: order name = “#1 Combo”.

@kendash

While order exists is not an event though.

PS I need to reboot my computer and I may be back in 30 min or so. I am formatting it clean to test a new version of windows 10. So lets continue this when I get back.

Yeah I was just throwing an idea of something @emre I wish could develop.

I havent really put much thought into this as I have the live order screen as a priority atm.

On my phone now but once my computer is back up running ill share my progress. I have a nice combo setup in v5. I’ll share details in beta forum but people here might want to see it in action.

why do you think your going to be able to do it :smiley:

Not sure I understand what you mean?

Probably because of the Order Group feature in V5, you will be able to remove the whole combo, including the free item in a single Cancel operation.

2 Likes

Exactly @QMcKay it works great. I went a little elaborate with mine using the extra menu but I like how it flows
 its nice and clean and doesn’t over complicate Tags.

Excited to see what you have going on. @kendash

Sorry hopefully today i have time to put something together
 I just got my computer setup again and this morning I had a relapse with a health issue I have. I am working on it
 its just hard to think right now.

2 Likes

@kendash are you feeling any better health wise?
Following on from your discussion about Order Groups - Im thinking about courses.
Now not sure if anyone else has a similar issue but the local is hesitant on kitchen printer as worried about flexibility. Obviously the tag system is very powerful along with free tagging I think this will surrfice in that seance.
Thinking forward Im looking at configuring courses setup using the order groups.
Just trying to work it out in my head but can you have a ‘active’ group variable? Not sure that makes sense so ill explain.
Obviously some people might have a ‘starter’ as a main, maybe started for 1st course and starter for main or maybe just a main but to come with the rest of the starters if they arent having a main.
Also some people like to have the kids meals come out with their starters to keep the kids quiet, others prefer to wait and have with mains.
My thinking is maybe to have 3 course buttons (starters, mains, deserts) which when ‘toggled/active’ orders added will be grouped accordingly.
Im not expecting a tutorial (but will undoubtedly be back for advice) but before diving in and spending too much time trying to work it out is this something you can see as possible or any snags you can forsee which will make it hard/impossible?
The ideal solution would be that this would override a default group rather than having to select these every order as most will be normal grouping.
Or if these were mapped to the order line so everything goes to default grouping but you can override the default. If this was the case would the order grouping update automatically or would I have to add some sort of refresh?

My staff are struggling with the price visible on the bill but not calculated in the bill total
 where do I edit the states so the “free” items says “Gift” on the bill?

There is no foreseen issue in that area. We’ll be glad if you try to implement it and let us know if you notice any issues.
btw it will be better to discuss V5 stuff under V5 category.

@stephanhenning You mean printed bill?
You can format gift items separately to others. Where you have {ORDERS} it drops in the 'segments from below.
You would have something like (please note the tags are wrong am away from PC so cant check my template but you’ll get the idea

[ORDERS]
<J00>{QTY} x {NAME} | {PRICE}

This by default there is a gift one so must have deleted it but it would look something like;

[ORDERS:Gift]
<J00>{QTY} x {NAME} | **GIFT**

EDIT:
The correct tags would be as follows

[ORDERS:Gift]
<J00>{QUANTITY} x {NAME} | **Gift**
{ORDER TAGS}

You might not bother with showing the order tags on receipt, especially a gift but that’s your call.

great, will let you know how it goes.

Sorry, was following the topic, forgot to check the category, any further discussion Ill start frech post in V5

1 Like

My Ticket Template is already setup as is and gifted Items show as “Gift” on bill. BUT this gifted free item does show on bill as a normal item but price not added to bill total.

I think it is a states setting as Kendash mentioned earlier

But if its gift the price would not be added to the total as its gift/free?
Sorry not following what you mean.

Got a copy of your template? And maybe a example output showing what your referencing to.