Windows 10 with ARM Support?

Another interesting development out of the MS camp. It may seem like I am a MS fanboy but honestly I think its important to follow what they are doing. This is really not surprising honestly considering it was really a matter of when not if to move this direction eventually with mobile devices.

2 Likes

I remember we talked about android apps running on windows. If that replaces OS on android tablets hmm yes it will be something big…

It has been a long time now since MS wanted to build a bridge to cross to Android platform. There have been a lot of rumors on whether Redstone on mobile devices was having that bridge so you could install Android app as native exes… There was a problem during developent (I am an insider program user, so I receive the first releases and the beta testing releases) and the problem was a lot of operating system instability… so they decided to take it out and pospone the launch…

Now, that they have the mbile version working, and a stable release, I think they are going to try again!!!

G.

1 Like

Wow didn’t know they actually attempted to do that. Really interesting.

1 Like

They did but it was different. It was mostly emulation. This is something different. They are doing it right this time. To be honest I think they are looking beyond running android apps and trying to do something different. The ecosystem will definitely grow especially since Xbox will share the same store. They are banking on bringing prime time developers back instead of trying to just run android apps.

2 Likes

yes… I agree, they need to bring developers to the WM and XBOX platform!!!

G.

would be great to see if sambapos got plans to run on ARM soon?

I think MS is very close to ditch x64 soon.

I’ve not seen any signs of Microsoft ditching that architecture. We won’t see sambapos on arm anytime soon I’m afraid.

1 Like