With and without buttons for toppings

He needs it to say No. because he wants it sent to kitchen as NO for chef. Recipe is understood. If it doesnt Say no… chef adds it. If it does say no… chef leave it off. But default it doesnt list it.

Yes Kendash you are right but here what ticket will print
Pizza
Mozz
… what ever he press on screen

let say customer doesn’t want spinach so he will not press spinach at all and ticket will never show spinach and chef will never put it on the pizza

That is not how his works… if it doesnt show it on ticket chef knows what goes in it.Chef is ONLY looking for items that say No, or Add, Or Extra

Items ingredients are understood.

EDIT: Ok @powerstorm I am prepping it now.

if ticket say

Create your own
Marinara sauce
Mozz
Onion
Green paper
Mushroom so chef will make just what the ticket says ticket will never say Marinara pizza so chef will never add spinach on it

Your not understanding what I am saying… Its ok because @Powerstorm does. We established this already. Thank you for the input though @allmixedup

Just read further up in our conversation we have already went through this.

Ok here it is. Let me finish before you react to it… lots of screenshots coming:

First lets define the groups. Ignore my other groups that are not pizza specific

Order Tags setup for Marinara Group:

Prefix for Marinara Group:

Order Tag Setup for Add Product Group that goes with EVERY pizza: NOTE No prefixes needed here unless you want to use Extra for extra or Double. I can show you how to set that up.

This is how to set this up and map it correctly. You can expand on this to how many pizzas you want. and ingrediants you want… etc.

The important part for you is to pay attention to mapping portions of this tutorial thats where you specify what shows up on each pizza.

1 Like

Exactly, thats was my point. i didnt want to say Marinara with all toppings… otherwise why to say marinara from the moment we have all toppings on the pizza. But Kendash got a Fantastic idea… When I press Marinara… I got a screen (JUST THE SCREEN, no toppings on the order) with default toppings of Marinara… Now I can deduct/add extra calamari without searching it among 30 buttons. If I want to add something extra then I search it and ONLY then this item is printed

This is gonna be the best setup ever.

OK I got it… I make a tag group for each pizza… Nice :smile:

Thank you very much

just a question for later… with that way can I deduct 50gr of olives later in my invetory?

Yes you can. I will explain how to tie inventory into order tags in a moment after dinner. While my family is eating if you want to search there is already info on it… i just cannot find link atm.

we can open an other thread for it in case I cant follow a tutorial :smile:

thank you very much @kendash I feel very obliged.

Tried your method of setting up a pizza shop, works good, but faced some problems:
1- The need for multiple order tags for each pizza size.
EX: my big size Mozzarella topping pizza costs 30, medium size costs 25. If i setup a order tag i need a price for each size. since each topping have a different price, that means i need 3 order tags for each topping just to change price corresponding to the size (i have medium, big, and giant sizes)
2- Reports get a little weird for me.
On Item sale Report, i loose the ability to see sales by toppings, it just show sales by size.

I posted about 3 different methods during this discussion. Which one are you referring to? There are multiple ways to setup pizza’s in SambaPOS please research them all if you can and study them who knows you may come up with a new one that nobody has thought of yet.

1 Like

This method:
“EDIT: Just wanted to point out the biggest mistake most people make when setting up pizza shop is they use menu items for toppings and they set the pizza with menu group name. The best method is to create pizza category, then pizza sizes with menu items… let order tags do ALL of the toppings including prices for toppings.”

Since i have multiple sizes and different prices for each topping and about 40 toppings, this is gonna be a bit complicated.
in default report settings in Item Sale Report, i cant see witch of my toppings are selling better, i can only see the sizes, as i only have then on pizza category.

That method may not be the best for you then. So your saying your toppings prices change based on size of pizza? So your pricing your toppings based on amount used?

The method I described the toppings were same price for each size… they varried based on type of topping not size. The difference for size came via size of pizza so base price.

1 Like

yes, our price is different for each pizza size and topping. Ex:
Mozalera- median size: 25, big size: 39, gg size: 49
Pepperoni median size: 29, big size 45 GG size 59
I understand what you mean. Probaly better search for another way like you said.
Thank you!

Not sure I am following you. Why can you only see sizes? Can you show some screenshots of your setup? And reports?

Sure.
I created tree sizes and moved then to Pizza category in Menu:

Then i created topping on order tag:

Made a Settle with one of each size, and the result on Report Item Sale is this:

Instead of using pizza size as menu items set them as Portions. Are all your pizza’s build to order or do you have names for them?

If its all build to order… your menu item would be Pizza your portions Large, small, etc then you use Tags for all the toppings. You can map specific priced toppings to portions.

3 Likes

oh i got you now. :smile:

Works good actually =D little more complicated to setup, change prices, etc, Than setup pizza toppings as products