Work Period Status Start End Entity Button

Why I don’t see options on WP Ask Question? I see only the “constraint” option…

You didn’t build the action correctly.

I selected action “Ask Question”, but in Rule windows I don’t see options like in screenshot

It is likely that these settings have been “moved” to the ACTION settings

No you did not create the action correctly. He used parameters to build that action to pass the settings to the action from the rule.

I don’t really understand how it works and what I did wrong. Could you explain? Maybe there is a similar example and more detailed instructions?

Start by learning how to use actions. Look up other tutorials.

If you don’t want to help and give a link to the tutorial, why are you writing? Want to make fun of?

Link doesn’t work. Can you send new link to this tutorial?

You are right I do not have to respond. I thought maybe I could help you. I am not in the place to give you step by step I was driving.

I do not make fun of people on the forum. I try to help people every chance I get.

I don’t want “step by step guide” I want to help with one trouble with action. I tried to search in forum, read other guides. But I can’t find it!
BTW, I have previously asked for a tutorial on the syntax of automation, but I was told that this does not exist. And when I ask for help, you send me to a non-existent tutor.
So, pls send to me a tutorial, or write what am I doing wrong?

Pretty much every tutorial written has examples of how to setup and use actions. I can link you all of them if you like?

https://forum.sambapos.com/c/v5-tutorial/22

I do not think there is a tutorial for this post.

I did everything as in other guides and I never had such a problem!
Look. I see that I need to create an “action”. I am creating “WP Ask Question” as “Ask Question”. When I add this “action” to the “rule”, then I cannot add parameters in this window, since there are none. Check out the screenshots. It is impossible to be wrong here.

When I wait for help, I tried to insert parameters, but it doesn’t work too.

You put [:Field Name] in the action and it carries the open field into the action.
The fields in actions can be set within the action or using above placeholder makes the field editable from the rule where it is used.
If action already in use you do need to remove it from rule, save and re add it.
Watch some of my beginners automation video tutorials for better understanding of the basics kf needed.

1 Like

You know how to do as have done it before :wink:

See your amount field in that action…

FYI when choosing a field label try and use at least 2 words with a space.
If chosen label conflicts with a built in square bracket variable of rule its used in it bypasses rules set value and takes the parameter directly, very hard to workout if you do that and didn’t realise.
All rule variables do not have a space so having a space ensures no pisible conflict.

That question was about meaning, but all the required fields were active. In the current task, I see only one field and when I enter a value, I do not have any additional fields as in the screenshot from the author of the solution. I’ll try to watch your video, maybe I’ll find a solution there.

You set a parameter in actions by using [:paramtername] for the fields.

You can name them whatever you want. In the case of this tutorial some were named [:BGcolor] for the Background Color field.

The constraint field is for constraints for that individual account within the rule, its nothing to do with any of actual action fields.
If you don’t set the ‘placeholder’/‘parameter name’ in the square brackets in the action the field won’t be carried into the rule.
Just watch some of my videos, should help you understand.