X Read and Z report

Has there ever been any progress or even plans to build a tutorial for this setup?

Continuing the discussion from Enter Begin Cash and Reconcile Cash Drawer:

Hi ive just not had time to do a tutorial for it, its quite a complex setup and would take a while to do. I dont know when i will have time to do it at the moment

That’s what I thought.
you mentioned in that post

(gotta say thanks to kendash and QMcKay who without there great help i couldnt have done this)

Were these private discussions or were there here on the forum?
They could be useful to help me get started building my own version.

RickH is correct - these setups are complex… or at the very least they are tedious to build, if not complex.

When I look at his, and I look at mine, they are fundamentally the same, but the “output” is derived differently. I use ({SETTING:X}) Tags to do calculations in Label Widgets and Reports. I don’t see any Report in RickH’s version.

I am sure I have a post with a screenshot in the forum explaining which different components (Widgets) are used.

RickH is correct - these setups are complex… or at the very least they are tedious to build, if not complex.

When I look at his, and I look at mine, they are fundamentally the same, but the “output” is derived differently. I use ({SETTING:X}) Tags to do calculations in Label Widgets and Reports. I don’t see any Report in RickH’s version.

I am sure I have a post with a screenshot in the forum explaining which different components (Widgets) are used.

This is a Custom Entity Screen using an Entity Type called Workperiods. Ignore the ugly Report, I’m working on a different way to pull Tip info out :wink:

Here are the Automation Rules and Actions…

Widgets… there a 49 of them on my screen:

• 23 Editor Widgets
  • 15 Label Widgets
  • 8 Automation Commands
  • 2 Custom Report Viewer
  • 1 Custom Keyboard

Granted, if I did not need to deal with dual-currency, I could basically cut the number in half, more or less…

Some Expanded Rules…

Scary Harry…

^ Yup, scary… well, just big and tedious.

The rest aren’t so bad…

Can you share how to make x, z report, cash out report?

If you look here, half way down i show screen shots of my x and z reports. Ill post the settingd used to create these later today (its 4am and i should be asleep lol)

Hi @RickH did you manage to post the procedures of creating the x and z reports :slight_smile: