Yes this picture is a computer

That little small stick hooked to the back of a monitor is a computer! Its $99 comes with Windows 10

• Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz Processor
  • 2GB DDR3L-RS 1333 MHz RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • 32GB eMMC storage
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 4.0

Probably not viable as a terminal its specs are low but still wow thats pretty cool.

2 Likes

Here is a useful and interesting article too! How to manage wireless networks using command prompt in Windows 10.

1 Like

It’s same spec as a cheap tablet. I’ve ran SambaPOS on similar spec tablets it’s fine if a bit slow on starting.

Good for a kitchen display or 2nd system.

1 Like

The price is great for windows 10 included. Would literally be able to stick it almost anywhere as long as the exhaust ports are not blocked.

In Win 7 and earlier, we had interface(s) to do these things. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they removed GUI management for WiFi in Win 8+.

For an OS that is supposed to be point and click (or touch), the requirement to use a keyboard and type out commands is idiotic. Now I need to memorize a pile of commands to do simple things, when I used to be able to click, click, boom, done.

1 Like

I have exactly the same spec as that stick, in a form of tablet :smiley:

1 Like

I agree - I recently bought 2x Asus T100HA hybrids for $200/each. They came pre-loaded with Win8.1 Pro and upgraded to 10 without issue. These are 10" Tablets that include a detachable keyboard.

I like the “stick” idea - the small size is great. But you still need to buy a (touch) monitor to make them useful… and there is your extra cost. I was considering the sticks for Kitchen Display, but the Asus Tablets made more sense because they are “complete”, without need to buy anything extra. The overall specs were also slightly better…

Intel Atom Z3740 1.33 GHz
2 GB RAM
64 GB storage (eMMC)
WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
USB 3 on keyboard
Micro USB 2 on tablet
Micro SDXC Card slot on tablet
Micro HDMI on Tablet
Headphone/Mic jack on Tablet
Integrated Front & Rear Cameras, Microphone, Speakers
Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit pre-installed, freely upgrade-able to Win 10

So honestly, bang-for-buck, the Asus Tablet (or similar tablets) beats any stick hands-down, for only $100 more, which you will need to spend on monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc if you have a stick anyway…

These sticks are really niche products that have many real-world applications such as information displays (would be great for large TV Menu Boards!), but for POS, Kitchen Display, or Order Taking, you can do better for your dollar.

3 Likes

I am planning some 50" menu boards so I’ve been shopping mini sticks. Yes I agree about the tablet comments.

1 Like

I’d love to get a proper brand like Asus as well but most stuffs in Australia are overpriced =(

Asus T100HA cost just a shy $425 here =O