How to create Ticket Logs

In this tutorial I’ll show you how to log specific events inside tickets. In this sample I’ll log payments so you can review later which user received payments.

We’ll start by creating a Display Ticket Log action. This action is useful to display logs.

We need another action to add logs inside tickets. I’ve configured Category and Log values as variables since I’ll send these values from another rule.

Create a new Automation Command for Display Log button. We’ll use this button to display logs. For this sample I’ve mapped this button to ticket. You can customize it not to display for regular users.

This rule executes Display Ticket Log action when Display Log button clicked. Don’t forget to create default mapping for this rule.

Basic configuration is ready. Now we need to think what we need to log inside tickets. In this sample I’ll log payments. So I’ll handle Payment Processed rule to add logs.

I’ve typed Payment as Category so if I need to create additional logs I can categorize log items. Log content is a free text area and you can use any rule parameters, printer tags or other additional values to generate log content. That will simply store payment amount, payment type and append Paid word to log. You can use better formatting for your needs.

On a sample ticket I’ve added two payments. Both $5.

At a later time I can click Display Log button to review details about payments.

You can log anything you want. For example you can log gifts, voids, table or customer changes, ticket merges, etc…

3 Likes

@emre, what event name and variable to use for the void order?

You have multiple options. For example you can do something like that.

I’ll handle the moment an order’s state becomes Void

It displays as…

Thanks @emre. Just one more question. Here I saw frauds being done after the print bill (assume that the cashier can unlock the ticket) because they printed bills then after receiving the money from the customers they made changes to tickets. So I want to capture that log between print bill and the print receipt if there is any changes to the ticket

• You can enable a ticket state (for example Logging = Active) when Unlock Ticket action executes.
  • As Logging = Active you can handle Order Added and Order State Changed rules to log changes.
  • You can also log all ticket prints.
2 Likes

Thanks @emre for the suggestions. Does these capture the changes with ‘-’ and void line items?

Hello, i added this to my system and everything looks works good… only 1 thing, i cannot view logs in closed tickets… it is normal?

Leave enabled state and visible state empty (not *) on button mapping configuration.

Would it be possible to add credit card logs to this?.. like last 4 digits of card and type of card?.. Could it also be able to add amount paid and change due to the log as well?.. Mybe even when the cash drawer was opened?

Of course.

The following is for storing CC info, Tender type, etc in Ticket Tags, but you could do the same with a Ticket Log…

1 Like

Can anyone guide where can I enable Logging = Active ? I couldn’t find I tried in automation command mapping but I don’t think this is correct?

It isnt as simple as turning it on or off you need to fully create it with actions and rules

Read the tutorial above it gives a step by step guide on how to set them up