1 beer R$4, 3 beers R$10 Promotion

Coca Cola has offered me to do a promotion for one of the beers that they sell, KAISER.
So the deal is that 1 beer will cost R$4, and 3 beers will cost R$10.

I have at least 3 different approachs to do this,

1. VERY simple, add a menu item 3 BEER KAISER at R$10. (I dont like this approach very much)
  2. SIMPLE, but need to have good memory. add a menu item 3rd Beer KAISER and put he difference price (I like it even less)
  3. add a rule that detects the 3rd beer and decreases the price to X. (I like this aproache very much becuase its going to be usefull for a lot of people).

So here is the thing… I NEED HELP!!! LOL… help from the geniuses around here…

Come on, lets start the brainstorm!!!

Thanks!!!

G.

EDIT: First IDEA. Save a Ticket TAG with KAISER BEER QTY, and when it gets to 3 or x then change the price… the problem here is “changing price” action…

G.

2 Likes

I’m thinking a timer and order counts with update order action

1 Like

OK!!! did not know that we had order counts… how?

Thanks!!!

G.

{ORDER COUNT} is available. I helped someone program order tags so that when he chose first 6 it charged a fixed price… every addon after 6 was .50 extra… and then it subtracted just the .50 for each one took off up to the original 6.

We used (ORDER COUNT) extensively.

So I can see how you could probably use something similar just on orders added instead of order tags.

That example of the 6 would help me a lot, do you remember what post it was?

THNAKS!!!

G.

It was a private conversation during a team viewer assist I did for someone. In a bit I can try to reproduce it and give you idea of what we did.

1 Like

I would really appreciate it!!!

THANKS!!!

G.

I think this might work. Ignore the rule name i was just cloning for simplicity.

EDIT: Sorry wrong screenshot one min

But, I think that order count count total orders in one ticket… I need the order count of a specific item…

G.

Every third burrito it changes it to 2.00 automatically.

It could be configured to calculate price differently too.

If that looks like it might work I will share what I did. So far I cannot get it to set price based on numberpad input yet. I an working on that.

EDIT: Got that to work

Was actually pretty simple just the 1 rule and 1 update order action.

Instead of each item you can probably use Menu Item Group Code if you want multiple beers with 1 constraint

1 Like

{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:X} returns quantity count of a menu item.

For example {TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Burrito} will return total quantity for Burrito and the best part is {TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Burrito:New} should give new added Burritos. New is order state here.

1 Like

that could work too. I think the above rule would be the most efficient though as it evenly separates the prices for each item instead of taking 1 big markdown. You could probably do a mix of both styles to eliminate user error on entering the order

GREAT!!! thats what I was needing!!!

THANKS!!!

G.

Dear @Jesse, did youtry your way with different items in the middle?

Thanks!!!

G.

EDIT: The promotion works this way:
1st beer 4
2nd beer 4
3rd beer 2
4th beer 4
5th beer 4
6th beer 2

and so on…

Complicated!!! LOL

I prefer the 2nd method I showed you. Its a more natural way to do it. You select 3 and press beer menu item and it adds 3@10

Yes I had it set for ONLY specific item so I could insert other orders… I just personally do not like taking a large markdown on third item… I would rather it be more natural and spread out as a whole like my 2nd option.

@emre I tried using {TICKET QUANTITY SUM:X:NEW} it worked for first 3 but not the rest added. {QUANTITY} worked everytime I selected 3.

Maybe it was my constraint I will look further.

{QUANITY} = 3 worked everytime.

OK… {TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml} works great for me, in this case… now i have to find out a way to change the price to each 3rd beer the client buys.

I thought that a good idea would be check if {TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml} was a multiple of 3…

({TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml} / 3) = INT({TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml} / 3)

So basically is will add that Constraint to a Rule to check if it is the third beer…

Dear @Emre will this work [=F({TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml} / 3)] and [=F(INT({TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml} / 3))]

THANKS!!!

G.

Is your promotion for 3 of the same beer or can they mix brands and still get the 3rd one reduced?

3 of the same, a specific one, KAISER 600ml.

G.