1 beer R$4, 3 beers R$10 Promotion

Do you not like the idea of pressing 3 and then beer name to add 3 beers?

No, becuase the one that has a special price is only the third one… if he drinks two nothing should happen, if he drinks 5 only the third one will have a special price…

I could tell him to ask for three beers in advance… but I dont want to encourage people to take advantage of the promotion…

G.

WOOHOO I got the info out of you finally! Now I know your flow that you want. Ill try it and see if I can help you.

jajajajajajajajajajjajajajajajajajajajaj
SORRY, I did not know you did not understand me… really sorry!!!

I tried this:

[=F(TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Kaiser 600ml}')/3)] - [=F(TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Kaiser 600ml}',"00")/3)]

but did not work… allways decimals!!!

G.

I had it working… let me try to reproduce it because I deleted them.

I think you need mod operator.

Something Like

[=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml}') % 3] 

It will be 0 for 3 ,6, 9 and for all multiples of 3.

1 Like

OK!!!
I did not know we had that!!!

THANKS!!!

G.

Burrito was my beer

You might find a more efficient way… but this works.

I think that in my case, each 3rd is better to use:

[=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:KASER 600ml}') % 3]

We should analyze your case, perhaps you can improve the rule!!! tel me a little about it

G.

1 Like

This is deffinetely WORKING GREAT:

now… I need a way to change the price of the last order (in this case the 3rd Kaiser 600ml)…

G.

2 Likes

Mine is doing same thing… yours is just doing it automatically mine I was manually entering. Yours is better.

Well… I strongly recommend using this new method… is faster, easier… I am using this topic to try to build a semi-manual for strange functions… maybe this is good way to lear and document at the same time…

G.

Only problem with new method… mine is immune to… Is if you press 3 then beer… it rings up as 6.00 if you had just added 3 manually. It is because that entire line equals 3 so it makes each beer 2.00

OK!!! good point… I will have to see that, maybe putting one more constrain or rule… let me think…

but, thinking again… in two year I never sold 3 beers for one table in the same order, two I have, several times…

what happens if I sell 2 times 2 beers…

mmmmmmmmm

Dear @Jesse, I dont like you very much, LOL LOL!!!

G.

Sometimes I don’t like me either hahaha.

Got fix… one minute
Keep your rule as is… just make an additional rule as follows.
Actually top rule is wrong let me fix expression.

EDIT: OK it is working now. It resets price back to 4.00 if QTY key is used.

If you enter any value that is multiple of 3 it fires, so, you just SUBSTRACT the difference of the original price and the promotional price multiplied by quantity of items dived by 3… LOL

its easy…

IF [=TN(’{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Kaiser 600ml}’) % 3] = 0 THEN

new_price = original_privce - (original_price * INT([=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Kaiser 600ml}') /3])) + (INT([=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Kaiser 600ml}')) / 3] * Promotional_price)

ENDIF

I think I got it… bullet proof… jajajjajajajajajaja

Let´s see an example…

regular price = 4.5
promotional price = 1

if a client ask for 5 beers…
1st = 4.5
2nd= 4.5
3rd= 1
4th= 4.5
5th= 4.5
TOTAL = 19

following the forumla:

new price = (5 * 4.5) - (4.5*INT(5/3)) + (1 *INT(5/3))
new price = 22.5 - 4.5 + 1
new price = 19

I really need @Emre to tell me if we can obtain the INT part of a formula in the constrain of a rule

THIS IS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR: INT([=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM:Kaiser 600ml}') /3]))

I think we got it!!!

G.

I really dont understand what you did there… sorry…

G.

Sorry not done posting screens one minute.

1 Like