7shifts Integration Time Clock and Sales

Also yeah I realized I didnt add the action to Execute Script for Log out Rule as suggested in your tutorial.

I thought the file you shared here had it but I was wrong lol.

I added this now. Testing it again :slight_smile:

To test it properly type punch(‘944’,‘clocked_in’,‘2019-08-01 10:42:23’). That’s example to punch in pin 944

You can delete the punch for the user after you get successful punch.

so I’ll explain a little bit about what it’s doing so until I can figure out a better method the quick can ugly method was that it is storing the punch ID in to the script as a data set you can probably see that in the script and then it’s putting that into a program setting that stored globally and then it’s using that when you clock out it’s actually pulling up the original punch using that setting and then it’s editing it for the clock out time and then when it’s done it erases the global setting

1 Like

something else I should explain is that I actually pretty much scrapped most of the actual time clock setup and I kept it barebones just to get clock-in clock-out functionality and it’s really just a few simple rules and it’s not actually using that time clock setup because you know if you’re using 7shifts then there’s no reason to mess with tasks and have them have samba POS store anything really other than the punch ID

so really the only part of the time clock setup that I kept was automation command buttons and I think I modified may be a login rule and then the rest of it I just deleted out of the system because it was unneeded at this point using 7shifts next goal is to build the reporting which we can just pull from 7 shift so samba POS side will actually be very simple it’s mostly going to be scripts pull it reading from 7shifts

1 Like

Im trying to find the punch in and out log in 7shifts. Cant seem to figure out where it is lol.

Oh lol forgot to tell you. You need to enable time clocking with 7 shifts. By default it’s just a scheduler

I think it’s in company settings.

I’ll write a more comprehensive tutorial that covers both 7shifts setup and requirements as well as sambapos. Once you have it you go to time clocking at top of main screen.

It’s company settings then Add-ons. Once enabled it’s third button at top.

Ahh ok.

SO i confirmed that I do have Time clock enabled.

When i go to Time Clock, i see pay period.

But since the first pay period has not ended, no pay periods are showing up under time clocking.

Ok so get it all configured so you get a pay period to test with.

Interestingly, when I use the web punch in tool, I still cant seem to find the actual log for the punch in. hmmm

You need to get a pay period started. Once you do you can edit that period to see punches and edit them. Take the time to setup the company settings and get pay periods started.

I love the app. I can see real time my sales, labor etc. It’s super accurate because I also integrated sales into it.

1 Like

Does a pay period start and end depending on the employee schedule?

I mean by adding an employee to the schedule, which includes start and end times.

As I’m trying to start a pay period haha but unsure how you actually create one.

I did go through the initial tutorial which helps you add employees, setup schedules, push schedules etc.

But thats where it stopped.

The forecasting is super powerful too. It’s saved me a ton of money.

I don’t think so. I get pay periods generated when I close one. Bit maybe for the first pay period it does require that. I can’t remember.

I’m waiting for my wife at the store. I’ll be home soon I can help you better.

1 Like