Add Print Button to print selected Tickets

Need to find a way to load Ticket IDs …

just tried my cancel transaction button and that doesnt work either, the ticket has to actually be open on screen for it to cancel, you cant select one order or multiple orders

1 Like

@QMcKay With your print bill can you select one order and then press the button, or does that not work either?

Doesn’t work either.

It is probably a fairly simple setup - just missing something.

I think we need to use Load Ticket Action, then Print, then cycle to next Ticket (Loop Values Action?). I’m almost certain there is a way to do this without too much trouble; but I need to do some research.

Look here …

1 Like

@emre,

Is there a way to implement a Print button as per above request? I think, it will enhance printing when we split tickets.

Best Regards,

Read the linked threads. Look at this, the Message is showing Ticket Ids, comma-separated. And they do print.

Here is the setup - minimal, easy, seems to work well…

Automation Command

Action - Execute Print Job

Action - Loop Values

Rule - Automation Command Executed - fire Loop Value Action

Rule - Value Looped - fire Execute Print Job Action

4 Likes

@QMcKay

Thank you very much. You are always tremendous help in this forum.

1 Like

thank you @QMcKay. It worked flawlessly. Is there any reason we should be setting map values for Rules: PM Load Looper or PM Print Tickets?

All rules need mapping with no mapping rules will not work. We often do not mention mapping for rules because well its been said so many times it should be common knowledge.

You will be happy to know when v5 comes out rules will include default mapping.

2 Likes

Makes sense, but for people new to SambaPOS (i.e. me) it can be confusing. I did map those rules from default, but wanted to clarify. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes it can be confusing we agree that’s why we pushed to get default mapping when creating rules in v5.

I’ve followed this and it works great… Only thing is I tried to get it to lock the tickets and change the states… But its not working and I know its because samba doesn’t know what ticket to do it to… Just not exactly sure how to tell it… Any pointers?

Try something like this:

Add Actions for Load Ticket and Lock Ticket.
Add them to the Rule that executes the Print Job.
You may need to also add a Close Ticket Action to that Rule.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Lock Ticket is both a flag on the Ticket as well as a Ticket State. So it might be a good idea to add an action for Update Ticket State to the Rule as well.

You may need to play around with the order of the Actions, and I have not tested this. But this is how we learn… try it out!

@QMcKay So i tried this… and it locks the last ticket at the bottom of the ticket list but does not lock the other tickets… I did get it to update the entity state by adding Update Entity State: Bill Requested to the rule.

I dont think Lock Ticket will work because it can not accept a Variable to put Looped Value in it.

EDIT: Nevermind you are loading the ticket first… I still am not sure if it would work though.

It also seems to only print the last ticket. My guess is its getting confused with all the Looped Values and getting stuck?

Might need to put Load Ticket action first.

I dont think computers can get confused? lol We just need to figure out the correct order of things and this should work.

You are testing on actual printer and not just notepad right?

Im using pdf creator… Which goes through the print spooler of windows. So that It prints the tickets to a pdf for testing. Ive also printed to just a regular dell laserjet for testing and its the same results.

Changing Entity State is a different Action. By default, when a Bill is printed, the Entity State is set to Bill Requested. So you will need to add yet another Action to the Rule to update the Entity State to that value.

What @Jesse said. Where there is a will there is a way. We just need to determine the order of the Actions, and perhaps set up more Rules to achieve the desired result. That is just one of the great things about SambaPOS: it works the way you want it to - you just need to tell it to do so. :wink: