After install sambapos v4 what next for server and client

Team Viewer doesnt help others that might be watching the conversation. Lets work it out here. Show a screenshot of your servers connection string.

Also its best if you learn your mistake so you dont make it again. I prefer to help you figure it out so you dont require someone to fix for you. This will make you a stronger business owner and give you less costs in future.

can you check this

Is that the server PC?

this is server PC, is that correct my setting on sambapos4? the instance name as your mention I already rename but the issue still the same

The instance name as your mention I change at client PC not server PC

Please advice me for client PC configuration, step by step

You installed SQL express 2014?

Yes SQL 2014 On server PC

So you have a working connection string for SambaPOS running on your Server right? Why don’t you just copy it to the terminal?

Connection strings tells sambapos on which computer (aspire-pc) SQL server installed, user id, password and database name.

Considering it says CE at top I worry he doesn’t have a working string. It is hard to tell with the information he is giving its like trying to find a surprise.

when i put connection string at server pc sambapos automaticaly logout
is that means working string?

No it does not. If you have SQL Express 2014 running start up Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and log in to it. Then expand databases on left and take a screenshot so we can see instance etc

LOL ok you do not have to put .sdf for database name if using SQL.

EDIT: Sorry im not laughing at you. Its just kind of a bad inside joke for me I guess. Try using a different name for database in your connection string. Use something like your Restaurants name but do not put .sdf at end.

.sdf files are for CE or Compact Edition SQL and SQL Express is completely different does not use sdf files.

lol great. Database name is test.sdf
 I don’t know :slight_smile:

test.sdf i get from your forum tutorial but i forgot under which topic
can you guide me to change database name?

Did you see where I said this?

1 Like

so i just rename it right?after rename and remove .sdf what should i do next?

No just redo your connection string and where it says Database= put something like Database=sharkq or whatever you want to name your database. Save it then restart sambapos.

PS: your connection string will be the same on client pc’s as it is for Server pc. There really is no SambaPOS server its all clients but you have a SQL Server that they connect too and generally people call the PC that has the SQL Server the SambaPOS server.

1 Like