After update, I am having licensing issue and Samba crashes out

Hi guys,

My server which is Windows 10 updated itself, and the next thing the license goes Unregistered trial. If i try updating this license, i get this error in picture that i attached below.

And i have also pasted the error log below.

[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version: 5.2.26
Region: en
DB: SQ
Machine: SERVER
User: CLUBHOUSE
Date: 01/05/2020
Time: 2:29 PM

User Explanation:

CLUBHOUSE said “”

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Source: mscorlib
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List1.get_Item(Int32 index) at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.MarketModule.MarketModuleViewModel.UpdateLicenses(Boolean force) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\MarketModule\MarketModuleViewModel.cs:line 405 at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.MarketModule.MarketModuleViewModel.Authenticate(String host, String userName, String password) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\MarketModule\MarketModuleViewModel.cs:line 351 at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.MarketModule.MarketModuleViewModel.OnUserLogin(String obj) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\MarketModule\MarketModuleViewModel.cs:line 232 at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommand1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.Execute(Object parameter)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.DispatchNavigation(Object sender)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.DoUserInitiatedNavigation(Object sender)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Documents.Hyperlink.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.ContentElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2.Core, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
NCalc, Version=1.3.8.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
WindowsInput, Version=1.0.4.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
–CodeSet = 1252
–CSDVersion =
–CurrentTimeZone = 60
–FreePhysicalMemory = 4772324
–OSArchitecture = 64-bit
–OSLanguage = 2057
–ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
–ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
–Version = 10.0.18362

Machine
-SERVER
–Manufacturer = HP
–Model = HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
–TotalPhysicalMemory = 8500908032
–UserName = SERVER\CLUBHOUSE

Please how do i resolve this.

Good morning,
Di you ever get this sorted? I am having the same problem after renewing my licenses.

start by updating samba to latest version.

The problem for this error was due to some of my Sambos Android Mobile license. Some has expired so it was causing the error. Once the guys at Sambapos deleted the expired licenses for me, I could activate my license.

My mobiles are also giving me errors. I have renewed all my licenses. Thank you for the reply. I have also updated and now sit with the same error after updating to latest version

I faced exactly same issue since last month i was unable to apply license to my system after migrating it to a new hardware. Tried several options to fix this by changing windows Installation, upgrading .NET versions and so on. Reseller does’nt respond for escalations and was left with no other option but to use the unlicensed version with those annoying popups.

Why should the Samba POS 5 Version have anything to do with expired Android Mobile Client license. What is the logic?

PS : I may extend or not extend the license for Android mobile client. Why should i Suffer with my POS license?

1 Like

If you changed hardware then likely you need to reset your license in your cp.sambapos.com account. Login to cp.sambapos.com and choose clear license key and then try to activate.

Mobile client has nothing to do with v5 license. Changing hardware does though.

If your reseller does not respond please send me a private message with who they are so I can investigate.

I have changed hardware several times, Followed by clearing license in cp.sambapos.com but have never faced this issue. Had it been about clearing license keys in the licensing portal other users would not have faced it as well.

Also, my reseller has confirmed me by mail that the issue was because of the expired android licenses.
they have cleared the expired licenses for android mobile client and i was able to apply the license now.

For your reference attached is the confirmation reply

1 Like

Ok that is interesting. I was not aware that the android licenses would affect the v5 license. Thank you for that.

More than likely we can fix that in the future but it may need some work to do so I dont think it will be a quick fix.

Thank you. Hope it get’s fixed ASAP. I have wasted a lot of my time behind fixing this. I really regret.

I wonder how this change was implemented in the live licensing portal!

Some aspects of the licensing system does need to be improved but this issue is quite rare and changing the licensing system can cause serious other problems for people. So I think it needs careful evaluation on how to fix this.

Not only on how to fix it but also what changes can be implemented in licensing system, maybe the process needs to be rechecked to avoid such inconvenience to customers.

I agree we should look at that. It shouldn’t deactivate your POS license if mobile license expires.

3 Likes

Then clear ur license key and then try again

Its deactivated, I notice after this happen to 3 of my clients. Some of their Android Mobile Client needed renewal. So it kept showing unregistered trial. But when the support guys removed the expired licences, it started working again.

Yes if you scroll up we already discussed that. It is something we should look at. It shouldnt happen.