Auto keyboard pop-up on text-field focus

Hey, I have a question regarding on screen keyboard.

Is it possible to have the keyboard auto pop up when I tap/focus on a text field.

For example, in the attached image, when I focus on the text field ‘Name:’ I wold like the keyboard to pop up automatically instead of tapping the keyboard button on the bottom left.

I don’t think there is a control for this in Samba. If it’s not there it wouldn’t be a bad enhancement. My two thoughts.

1- You could use an automation with a keyboard and number pad input instead of the free tag option.

2- I think you can use Windows in tablet mode and it should prompt, however I think this will always push the built in keyboard.

Personally, we use keyboard with touchpads at all of our terminals. This is what we use https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-k400-plus-wireless-keyboard-black/7575039.p?skuId=7575039&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=359&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAlNf-BRB_EiwA2osbxcOJf1y08D5Xddck8o6b6DUKqwtmlme94FHG1vY6tasdftQIqwUqJhoChMMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If its for freetag you could do what I have on hotel systems and have a seperate freetag group just for freetag and rather than use the default field have a freetag command button with a ?prompt popup that sets the freetag.

2 Likes

Here’s an example of how to setup order tags for add/remove using an automation command.