Auto logout after every tranasaction & Change Due message box

Sure PM me ill take a look

ive got the ask question working with a red background displaying the change (when selecting fast cash Ā£5 button, ive not set the others up yet) but the logout that should happen after still doesnt, it just removes the main menu and department buttons again

You have a rule somewhere thats conflicting it. You are already running logout user somewhere else. And its preventing the screen switch.

I agree with @Jesse ā€¦ either a Logout action in another rule, or a Close Ticket in another rule. There must be a conflictā€¦ I have seen the issue you describe.

i cant see where, i have the logout button that when pressed logs out, could that be the issue? ive sent the database to you, hope you can see what ive done to correct it

RickH i got to run for a few i will look at it in a bit. If QMcKay has time he may look at it for you sooner if not ill take a look and let you know after I get back.

cheers, the other issue ive found is if you pay using my payment button to go to the settle screen, if you use the same 4.99 product, press ALL or type 5.00 and press cash the pos logs out, but doesnt display any change. if you type in 10.00 and press cash on payment screen its displays the change due in the red banner and activates the close button. when pressing close it brings up the ask question banner we created and displays the change (youll see the background screen change from payment screen back to pos screen) then when clicking ok it logs out

so there is an issue there with the amount i type as tender as to whether the change is displayed and using the payment screen doesnt auto close the ticket until close is pressed, i dont know if that can be automated so that just my red question banner shows the change and the pos logs out

there might be things ive setup that conflict i just done know enough to find the errors and solve them

thank you so much for your help, let me know when you have a chance to look and see what youve found, thanks again

It actually is logging you out so its working. Your real issue is a conflict is preventing it from switching screens. It seems buttons are disappearing they really are not it just logged you out but stayed in the same screen. Normally you would not see that screen unless logged in.

The only thing that i can think could cause that is if its logging out before ticket close. So look for that. Iā€™m on my phone atm so sorry if spelling messes up

Im on phone now too the mrs wanted some attention as ive been staring at my pc screen for hours lol

Ive tried sorting the order of actions but nothing ive done works its very frustrating i hate being beaten lol

Check any payment processed rules for log out or close ticket.

@RickH, Can you run this query against your DB and post the results?

use [SambaPOS4]

SELECT 
Ā rul.[Id] as [RuleID]
,rul.[Name] as [RuleName]
,rul.[EventName]
,rul.[RuleConstraints]
,acc.[Id]
--,acc.[AppActionId]
--,acc.[AppRuleId]
,acc.[Name] as [ActionName]
,acc.[ParameterValues]
,acc.[CustomConstraint]
,acc.[SortOrder]
FROM [dbo].[ActionContainers] acc
left join [dbo].[AppRules] rul on [AppRuleId]=rul.[Id]
where 1=1
and (
Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā acc.[Name] like '%Close%'
Ā Ā  Ā or acc.[Name] like '%Logout%'
Ā Ā Ā  )
order by rul.[SortOrder],acc.[SortOrder]

@Jesse can you include me in PM?

will do im going to do it now, ill also include a copy of database so you can see the what doesnt work with fast payment buttons (just use Ā£5 as not copied rules over to other buttons until its fixed) and when using payment screen, it seems any payment tendered within Ā£5 of balance just settles and logs out an doesnt display change, if you tendered an amount at least Ā£10 more than balance the change boxes appear

Sent the invite Emre

@RickH

Fast Payment Rules: Remove all Close Ticket Actions.
Logout after Payment rule: Add the Close Ticket Action, and remove the Logout Action.
Ticket Close & Show Change Message Rule: leave as is, with message and Logout action.

Another Edit: you should remove the Change Due Messages from all the Fast Payment Rules as well, since they are handled by Ticket Close & Show Change Message

I just added Close ticket to my fast payment button and experienced the issue youā€™re having, so remove that action from all your fast payment rulesā€¦

done that and fast payment buttons now dont close the sale, display the change banner or log out

@RickH, Sorry, I spoke a little too soon, Iā€™ve edited my post to correct it:

Fast Payment Rules: Remove all Close Ticket Actions.
Logout after Payment rule: Add the Close Ticket Action, and remove the Logout Action.
Ticket Close & Show Change Message Rule: leave as is, with message and Logout action.

Another Edit: you should remove the Change Due Messages from all the Fast Payment Rules as well, since they are handled by Ticket Close & Show Change Message

dont that and it closes ticket, shows the change banner but doesnt log out, i just get the screen with missing buttons again as below

this screen should now be the log in screen

It did log out. It didnā€™t switch screens