Auto select option on products stops auto logout

Without any products having auto select on them to automatically bring up the modifier screen auto log out works, however if any products do have auto select enabled this screen stops auto log out working

I’ve created a new ticket.

When order added order tags screen automatically displayed.

I’ve tagged order…

… and when I clicked red close button it logged out.

So it may be something different. Maybe you’ve configured order tag selection is required and for this reason you can’t close ticket.

1 Like

Ive got mine set up a little different, in my bar department ive got a message that pops up when the first item is added reminding staff to check ID. they then have 2 options, YES to say that ID is verified and continue transaction and NO to say NO ID to verify age and then the transaction cancels, displays my change message box and then using my abort rule and logs out.

This scenario is when auto select is not added to products (SELECT NO ID Cancel Sale)

Change displays, then log in screen appears

In both scenarios a ticket tag is added to either say the transactions was age verified or not so that when looking back through past transaction I can see if ID was verified or not (good for trading standards as they like to see evidence of age checking) This is an example of a ticket that was aborted due to NO ID, it shows the product with no price and the ticket tag Age Not Verified - Order Cancelled

if i enable auto select on my products, the YES answer works fine as the transactions continues, but if I press NO i get the screen switch issue where it doesnt fully log out. It seems having the auto select screen appear disrupts my log out rule when pressing NO on the message box

As above the red message box appears, my yellow change box appears BUT instead of logging out like it did when no products had auto select on i get this screen switch issue

if i de-select auto select on products it starts working again

Its because you are actually adding the item then changing it to 0 qty… it cannot close because it has an order on it. Set calculate price to false on your update order action that your using…insert a close ticket action and it should work

Just done that now and it has no effect. if auto select on the products is not on the process happens as above with an order still on it but my abort transaction action kicks in and then logs off. the addition of the auto select screen seems to interrupt the log out process

BTW Kinda related but not really… I am making a cleaner version of Abort Transaction button and it does not mess with Update order nor does it mess with other functions because it will run off its own accounting. When I am done you might want to take a look. I have found the nature of the abort order button I designed can cause issues with other things later down road. This new one will not.

that would be brill, it could be that thats causing my issues, yea could you send the file to me and ill have a try when youve completed it?

I wouldnt say its the abort transaction causing it… but the way it was designed it could be if your reopening tickets in ticket viewer. When you mess with turning stuff on and off and updating orders… and your using close ticket… logoff after events… it can get screwy when you reopen tickets from ticket viewer… because you are closing them again… firing off rules again.

The new button does not modify stuff that requires a plethora of rule constraints to prevent it from going off at wrong time when viewing/reopening tickets. The new button is basically paying for the transaction… but it is going through its own ‘Whole Accounting’ so it does not affect sales and its setup to not affect inventory. Because it has its own accounting you can customize how you see it in your accounting screen. You can even build some good reports on it.

OK. Implementing Cancel button as an Automation Command Button was in our to do list so I’ve implemented a Cancel Orders action to cancel unlocked (not submitted) orders. It normally cancels all selected orders if they are unlocked (just as Cancel button works) but I’ve also added a setting to cancel only last added order. If that action used when no order is selected (if it configured as a ticket button not order button) it will cancel all unsubmitted orders. It will be available on next update. What we need to do is just canceling last order when operator selectes No

I think the Abort Ticket function should work that way. It should mean we are mistakenly adding order to a wrong table or customer changed his mind and wants to cancel his orders. I mean it should only cancel unsubmitted orders. If waiter wants to cancel whole ticket including submitted orders let him select all lines one by one and void them. That function should not work that easy…

1 Like

I agree Emre and that was my intentions with it to begin with. I never intended to use it to cancel submitted orders. I do want to track when an entire ticket is aborted which is why I built an accounting system around it. But I do agree you should not be able to use it on submitted orders.

I actually have mine disabled for submitted orders. The way I built it in beginning I feel was a sloppy workaround that was bound to negatively effect some portion of operation at some point. I found that it did when you reopen a closed ticket.

I redesigned it to use an accounting system so it wouldn’t mess with the default operation of any other ticket, so I could separate it and disable it on submitted orders and most importantly so I could track employees use of the button.

I will probably rewrite the tutorial because after thinking about it… I don’t like how it was implemented and I don’t think its a very clean implementation. But on the other hand it did show some good function and it can give insights on how to use various rules/actions.

The Abort Transaction button does not even show up on a submitted ticket in my latest version of the button. Not everyone will want it setup like I did tho so a Cancel Order button is great for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I completely agree to your implementation as you have good understanding on what you are doing and generate related transactions to keep it in history. I wanted to comment on this to ensure people understands what I’m talking about is not “delete ticket” as frequently requested.

Yeah I realized through reading what you have been saying… and then reading my tutorial I was not clear enough on that. The button the way I first designed it, could have caused a lot of havoc if not used correctly. That is why I redesigned it so my employees or me cannot accidentally mess it up by pressing it at the wrong time etc.

And @RickH the way you are trying to automate the first implementation of the button is what is causing a lot of your problems. IT was not really designed to do that. And the way I designed it, it messed with closed tickets that should not be messed with. I just want you to know that. Emre solution is perfect for what your doing. If you want to track it as I am I can share with you what I have done.

1 Like

Hi @kendash if you could share what you have done that would be brill, could you also share your refund way with me as well as ive noticed you have a message box to say what refund amount to give and im clearly messing other things up with they way i have it at the moment. Think i might start from scratch and export the bits i need to a new database to make sure i got it right!

Here is my file. This is my complete setup. I advise you to backup your database before you try this out.

QuickServiceSetup.zip (11.9 KB)

This does not include single item refunds… its whole accounts only. I am building the single item refunds into it now.

The Entity Screen Refunds if you have a bar code scanner installed the customer receipts that print put the Transaction # as a bar code at bottom and as TR# at top. You can simply scan the receipt to bring up the ticket for refund, no going through Ticket viewer. You can also just type the TR# and press enter.

superstar!! ill backup and try it now thanks so much!

There are a few things I would like to clean up like my rule naming, action naming to be more cohesive… I started but have not finished yet. Also a few formatting things need to be cleaned up but its working 100% without flaws right now.

You will get some errors with a file when login… because its calling my timeclock script… you do not have that so just ignore it… its fine.

This is the Database tools file not the Database. BTW So if you have some stuff setup in yours that doesnt jive with this I will supply my latest db backup as well. Mine is built on sql express 2014

If you want to test it cleanly use a fresh Samba install and import the file.

just tried importing it and got this error

Hmm not sure why. I double checked it and it had no missing dependencies. I will give link to my database as well see if that works for ya.

Brill cheers, thanks so much!

I got same error. Only thing I can think of is there might be a rule with same action twice. @emre any idea?