Auto select option on products stops auto logout

The reason you couldnt import the file is because you already have those rules/actions you would have to delete everything then import it. It was a list of EVERY thing I had… I selected everything except customer entity type.

ah right, ill backup and copy it, then delete everything and try the file again

just wait for my tutorials. If your not sure about sql then dont even try. I will be posting them shortly.

ok will; do, i just tried deleting all the action/rules etc and importing your file from before but i got the same error

ill just wait for your tutorial, thanks again

Its because this involves more than actions/rules. it uses States, Accounts, Payment types… ticket types. I could make it work if I could remember which settings were unique and which were samba default. I could then export only those unique… but i cannot remember them all.

Here is a good tutorial on how to backup and restore using microsoft management studio

Do you use the database backup tool module?

yes i use the database backup tool module

Here is a great tutorial on setup of sql express… its for older version but the steps were same for 2014
http://sambapos.org/wiki/doku.php/en/installing_sql_express_2012_for_sambapos_v3

I am writing the tutorial but it is a beast so I want to make sure its done right and in the right order. Hopefully I finish by tonight.

cool, ill have a look tomorrow if youve managed to do it, ill have a quick look at QMcKay’s instructions you posted above then im off to bed

Try this:
QuickServiceSetup.zip (10.8 KB)
Delete all your Automation commands, Rules, Actions and then try importing this one.

I think I got it this time… of course make sure you backup first.

@Jesse did you renamed Customers entity type as Customer?

Ah looks like I did… maybe thats why

I’m trying to understand if you renamed it or I’ve mistakenly exported Entitiy Name instead of Entity Type Name.

I have it as Customer I Must have changed it long ago and forgot. But I am not sure. Since your here… I am not 100% sure on how Export tool works… when you import and it finds a duplicate it seems it just makes another one… instead of skipping it? I can export my entire setup using ALL then try to import it again and it errors. When i look I have duplicates of everything almost. So i restore database. I want to try and share some of my configurations with people… It seemed like that tool would be the easiest logical choice since you do not have to be well versed in databases.

I fixed it and fixed it in ticket type… still not letting me export Customers Entity Type… must be more areas to fix.

@RickH Try that last copy of the file. If you delete all your automation commands, rules, actions then import it… I think it might work.

When I try to export Customers Entity Type it says Sequence contains no elements.

Brill ill give it a go in the morning ive just got in bed after settling our little one than woke up
Ill let you know if it works or not

Thanks again!

OK. Please abort that until next update. I’ve made some fixes.

I’ve just noticed that issue with Account Transaction Types. What else seems duplicated for you?

Let me rephrase… I have duplicates of Transaction Types. That was horrible wording I should not have said everything. I blabbed that out before I really checked it all. I saw a few and assumed it was copying. Very sorry for wrong information. I know that’s frustrating when something actually is wrong.

It was only duplicating Transaction Types. And not exporting Customers Entity Type

EDIT: One of my goals now that I am more experienced with Samba it is to clean up any past mistakes. I almost had them all cleaned up until you saw my Customer Entity Type… Thank you, I believe I almost have all my rules cleaned up and hope to have them in a nice tidy naming scheme soon.