Automation command not working properly if it is executed by Menu Edit Product Property

It is firing the command when mapped there. I confirmed that… WHat it is not doing is updating the screen to reflect that change until close is pressed or next item added. So the command is working from the menu… just the screen is not updating the new portion value.

He is firing an Ask Question action via the automation command from mapping it there. And it works just fine the question comes up. IT actually does change portion it just will not show it on screen unless Auto Select is activated or he presses close.

1 Like

That’s what I figured. The Command is being fired from Menu Item Properties, but it is not updating the screen - so it is misbehaving :stuck_out_tongue:

On the other hand, if you fire the Command with a Button, the screen updates properly - it is behaving.

Yes, The area in the picture is the area of the problem.

“Behave Baby”… great movie. LOL!!!

G.

Umm I’ve solved something but I think we’ll be able to understand if it works fine or not after @sukasem tests it. It will be available on next update.

1 Like

Can’t wait to try.
Actually, it’s not just portion but order tag too. it seem like when it was fired in the background, the process stay in the background. But I don’t know why Display Ticket won’t work.

its odd that close ticket wont work either if its in same rule but it works if you manually press it.

I had the same problem, but no answer at all…

My happy hour rule is working great, just need to close the ticket manually… becuase the action Close Ticket is not working outside the CLOSE TICKET BUTTON… strange…

G.

@gerlandog that is something entirely different. We are not talking about actually closing the ticket in this case.

are you calling `

Close Ticket` action from inside a rule?

This is the Close Ticket Button that comes original with Samba…

this is a rule where I call the same action…

The original actually closes the ticket… the second one does not…

G.

No that is not what I am saying. I was not attempting to close ticket. I was attempting to use it as a method to close just the Order Tags menu which is completely different than what you were attempting to do in your issue.

OK, so you are using CLOSE TICKET to close order tags?

G.

I was trying it because you can press close ticket to do that I figured an action to do that would work. But I think I understand why it didn’t and I think it had to do with the fact that the Order Portion button was never actually pressed. So Portion was not chosen its name was just changed.

silly question… you executed CLOSE TICKET ACTION… did it actually close the ticket?

No it did nothing. But I was testing without an entity chosen. With a customer entity it might have. But the reason I was attempting to use that action did not work and it was not the same as your issue.

Your issue was a more exact reason and @emre explained it to you if I remember correctly. Something to do with Triggers and open tickets and a queue. It had nothing to do with close ticket inside a rule.

Close Ticket Action works just fine inside a rule. Technically when you press a Close Ticket button your using Close Ticket action inside a rule… a rule drives the action from the automation command you pressed.

Your second action was called from a Trigger… @emre explained how triggers work with open tickets… I do not remember exactly but something about them waiting until the ticket is closed.

No. @Emre explained why we cannot change prices when we are with an open ticket…
Thats why I use CLOSE TICKET rule, so I can close it automatically and change price list… except that I could not make CLOSE TICKET ACTION work…

G.

You were attempting to use close ticket action from a command that was fired from a trigger . Its the same reason the prices could not be changed.

ANYWAY before we hijack this thread anymore… The close ticket action I was referencing in this thread was not the same thing.

yea, sorry. will continue working

G

Hi @emre,
I would suggest to have check box force select portion (like auto select)if possible. So, we can have automation command to do something else.

Thank you

1 Like

Auto Select doesnt force the selection tho… It just forces it to bring it up on item selection. You can still select nothing and press close. He was trying to avoid this and force a selection.