Billiard Lights on and off

hmm did a quick search on rebranding samba pos v4. Not that I need it or want to do it as I recognise Emre’s hard work but there seems to be a lot of people trying to do it

or more specific
https://www.freelancer.com/projects/PHP-Software-Architecture/rebrand-samba-pos/

Its a shame really that people try and rebrand this great software as their own

they cant do it v4 is a closed source they might try to decompile the source code using some C# decompiling tools such as .net reflector but its almost impossible cause when they try to rebuild the source thousands of errors will appear and it will take ages to fuiger how to fix those errors

Please don’t get me wrong - I am not a electrician - I like to tinker and have done many projects with the aim of doing something using parts rather than buy expensive pre-made solution.
My main concern would be your local legislation, projects like this are not so bad as projects at home but implementing a DIY electrical solution in a business environment is very questionable as at lease here in UK a business would need electrical works to be signed of by certified sparky…
If something does go wrong your insurance will have a field day if they find anything thats not up to regulation/signed off.
Please just bear that in mind.
While it could be done right and up to reg using bits as mentioned it may well be better off buying a new version/equivalent of the unit you have there that comes with documentation.

Did you find a part number on the main controller board? That is likely to be the only way you stand any chance of using the existing box.

Hi JTRT
I understand ur Concerns Perfectly also we got the Same regulations here in UAE
Im going to do the project at my own risk as an R&D and I will do it at my lab at my home
if it works then its another story
the idea of this project that we might find a new future for samba, Im running Samba at 3 billiard clubs and its working like a charm therefor I don’t see why not to add this capability

it will be an added value for all of us

the trick is to find the right LCB (light control Board)

As you seem pretty good with code etc I expect this would be a pretty easy job for you.
You could use an arduino board with relay ‘bolt ons’ use samba to output a code to the board which you program to read the code and switch accordingly.
Have looked at playing with arduinos in the past and with right code are very very nifty little boards for jobs just like this :smile:

can u check please and confirm if its our case

Along those lines.

The wiring part and relays are simple, even programing arduino to turn on and off isnt that tricky and given you seem to be code/programing type person should be walk in the park for you.

The bit im not 100% on is the Samba/PC --> arduino bit.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Serial/read
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SerialEvent

These may make more sense to you as I am a more practical person that a code buff.

Looking into samba side, how are you charging for tables?
You said on a timer so is it pay tab after finished rather than pre pay?
Joe

HI JTR sorry for the late response I was little Bit Busy

yes its after its finished they stop the timer and they charge the amount shown in the screen off course there is minimum time like for example if the hour is $10 minimum is 30m so it will charge immediately $5

but i have a problem that I cant solve when settling the invoice print out shows the regional price even if the charge is $10, any ideas

::: Champion Billiard :::         
Date:8/8/2015                             
Time:2:46 AM                              
Table: 13                                 
Ticket No:52                              
User:Administrator                        
------------------------------------------
- 1 Billiard Table Rent        20.00 20.00
==========================================
Total:                               20.00
Received:                               20
Balance:                             15.00
==========================================
            T H A N K   Y O U             
27, 112, 48

off course I know its taking the price from the template {PRICE} myabe there is a way to reflect from actual

What do you mean by regional price?

original price sorry

1 Like