Cashup Screen sambapos v5

Hello Rick! I wanted to say a quick but much deserved THANK YOU for sharing your database. I felt as though I was stuck in so many ways advancing in Samba until I downloaded your database and began troubleshooting against mine. Thank you 100 time over!

I do have one question. In comparing your Cash Screen to QMcKay’s, something caught my attention. You have a Float box in the Note/Coin list but no matter what number you put there no other calculations change. Was this eventually not used or have I somehow changed a formula to exclude it? All my data balances just fine without it and when I put a number there it doesn’t throw me out of balance.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

funny you should mention that, i was looking at that myself yesterday. Its something im looking into tonight if i have time I need to check my report calculations as it should in theory add the float balance to the cash in till total, but as you say it doesnt matter what value you put in nothing changes (i think i forgot to sort that when i was creating it, im starting to revamp that whole cashup look)

Im probably going to change it so that instead of manually entering the float on the cash up screen it will automatically populate it

2 Likes

Awesome, that explains it! Thanks! It appears you hadn’t gotten far enough in your setup to automate balancing at Work Period Close but I see your rules as though you were almost done. Would be greatly interested in seeing what this project has turned into if you ever decide to share any portions of your setup again!

One last thing I thought I might ask since it correlates to another of your tutorials - in the balancing calculations on the CO screen (Takings > Cash +/- for example) it looks like you add all of the notes & coins then subtract the account total for the till AND account total for cash. By doing it this way aren’t you essentially backing out your open float twice since the float account amount is reflected in the cash account?

Thanks again!

1 Like

I dont use work periods to balance as such, all the figures are entered on the cash up screen which balances the reports i have. The reports show the total losses/gains from the till during that work period and its the reports that balance or show any discrepancies

With the float bit on the cash up screen i dont think i finished it, ive just started to rework the float bit in a completely different way, and there will just be a remove float button on the cash up screen that will deduct it out of the cash account and remove it from the cash in till figure leaving just the takings to then cash up

Ill show where im up to soon im just trying to sort the opening float automation out

2 Likes

@RickH any chance you could post an updated backup of your database or DB tools file for your cashup screen ? I just again tested the one you posted here and it crashes in 5.1.61 when trying to make any transaction. I’m trying to extract the relative components and create my own based on yours as it’s more relevant to me than the one Q posted but getting nowhere as can’t even do a transaction. You also mentioned you had done some updates since posting before?

Yep will do, itll prob be tonight

Im still working on it, my updated version is below. Ive almost completed the left and right sides, just leaves the middle section to sort but this will give an idea as to how its coming along

I only upgraded to latest version last night so ill test and see if i have any issues with transactions, ive not noticed anything yet

3 Likes

Hi @QMcKay

I have been taking a close look at this thread, because now rounding is sorted I am keen to sort out my end-of-day cashcount tasks.

Has your approach to this changed much since you posted your database tools file? Would downloading your template still be a good starting point for me, or should I be looking to achieve this in a different way with 5.1.61?

It has not changed much, and is still a good starting point. In fact the only thing I have been working on revising lately is the main report - the “Cashout Count Report” - and this is because I need to invert the calculations due to switching to Default Currency of USD. I also added in Tips Account and Rounding Accounts. For me, this is the most important part of this Cashout system, because it reports the Over/Short values.

There is something else important that you need to do to make this work: you need to store the Exchange Rate in a Program Setting, because in Reports we do not have access to {EXCHANGE RATE} nor {EXCHANGE RATE:X}. Maybe @emre can allow for that? It would simplify matters.

I store these Program Settings in the DB and they are updated “manually” through an Admin/BusCfg Screen periodically. That screen also directly alters the XR for the Foreign Currency in the DB. The XR Program Settings used in this report are:

{SETTING:XR_HNLtoUSD}
{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}

We really only need 1 of the above, and then just realize when to Multiply, and when to Divide. Keep in mind that all values stored in the DB Account Tables are in the Default Currency (even the Foreign Currency values).

This is the current state of the Report - it might not be exactly correct yet, but I think it is close, and it illustrates the idea well enough.

Template:

[Cashout Report:1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
>>Tender|Count|(-Float)|Account|+/-
HNL|[=F(TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:HNLfloat}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash HNL}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:HNLfloat}')-(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash HNL}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')),'0.00')]
USD|[=F(TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:USDfloat}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash USD}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:USDfloat}')-TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash USD}'),'0.00')]
CC HNL|[=F(TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}'),'0.00')]|-|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card HNL}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}')-TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card HNL}'),'0.00')]
CC USD|[=F(TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}'),'0.00')]|-|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card USD}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}')-TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card USD}'),'0.00')]
>>Account|HNL|USD|-|TTL USD
Tips HNL|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'))]|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}'))]|-|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}'))]
Round|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Rounding HNL}'))]|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Rounding USD}'))]|-|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Rounding USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Rounding HNL}'))]
>XR/TTL|[=F(TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:XR_HNLtoUSD}'),'0.000000')]|-|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Rounding USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Rounding HNL}'))]

>>TOTALS|Count|(-Float)|Account|+/-
HNL|[=F(TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')+TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}')+TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')+TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'),'0.00')]|[=F( TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:HNLfloat}') + TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')-TN('{SETTING:USDfloat}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}') + TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}') + TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'),'0.00')]|[=F((TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}'))*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:HNLfloat}') + TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')-TN('{SETTING:USDfloat}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}') + TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}') + TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}')*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}') - ((TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}')))*TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'),'0.00')]
USD|[=F(((TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')+TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}'))/TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}'))+TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}')+TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}'),'0.00')]|[=F( ((TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:HNLfloat}'))/TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')) + TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:USDfloat}') + (TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}')/TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')) + TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}'),'0.00')]|[=F(TN('{SETTING:HNLcountTotal}')/TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}')-TN('{SETTING:HNLfloat}')/TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}') + TN('{SETTING:USDcountTotal}')-TN('{SETTING:USDfloat}') + TN('{SETTING:CCcountTotal}')/TN('{SETTING:XR_USDtoHNL}') + TN('{SETTING:CCUSDcountTotal}') - (TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card HNL}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card USD}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Tips}')),'0.00')]

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, that is something I was also looking in to and I had been stumbling on how to calculate the foreign currency values, so that is a real help. Thanks :slight_smile:

@RickH I have been reading about your new setup and was wondering if you had a change to post backup of your database? I have been in need of a cashup screen and really could use part of your work to setup mine. Thanks!!

1 Like

We are discouraged from sharing backups as it can cause licence issues.
Also it doesn’t help you learn, only give you a complex setup you don’t understand :wink:

1 Like

You can check out this post in this very Topic as well…

Hi Guys I am pretty much stuck. Ive got QMcKay’s sytem that I redesigned so it works with our currency and what I need it to do and it works brilliantly thanks QMcKay I could not have gotten this far without your system as a guide. My problem is even though I can enter the values for the money as soon as I start new WP and my values reset I loose the count. when I pull up a report for the previous day or anouther day it only shows the value that is currently entered on the cashup screen. Any ideas how i could fix this?

Is your using program setting values to store the figures these will get overwritten and will not be historically recallable.

Historical Reporting …

Thanks Guys I will have a look at that. yes I am using {SETTING:X}

sorry yes I am using {SETTING:x} values to to store and call my values

I was having the same “issue” with historical reporting of Cashout, which is why I converted to using Tasks instead of Program Settings {SETTING:X} That is what the post is talking about.

1 Like

Thanks guys I have been busy playing around with the task settings but now I have another problem. I redid your Cashout Report QMcKay to suit what I need and I intergrated it into Emre’s shift system all fine so far, I can print each cashiers Current Cashout report from Reports all fine but when I press the button I created for them in each shift screen it prints the totals for that cashiers report not the current one. Is there something I can input on the button settings to let it print current report only?