Changing Table Button Captions

Thank you @JTRTech
It worked

Because your not specifying anything other than tickets with that entoty. So includes closed tickets.
Have a look on forum, it’s been discussed several times. You need additional report constraint for isclosed=
Be aware though that this will slow entity screen loading down with allot of entities or long time when you end up with large database as will be querying whole tickets table.

1 Like

Thankyou JTR. So i think its better to remove it.
Is there any other way to identify the ticket for the user?

I did similar originally when this ability was first discussed except I did ticket count and value but the hotel is very busy with about 100k totalling maybe 750k in value tickets a year and after 18 months delays became noticable to reverted back to simple colour for entity states.
The issue is the dynamic method like that results in a full query for all tickets and just filteres to unpaid. It’s not just today’s work period.
A more conservative method would be to use entity states the same way the colours are set.
Entity status is updated on ticket creation and close to a static value. Using additional entity states and state values you could achieve same thing without the overhead of querying whole database but need automation in place to update these values at required events.
I have not done this as its unnecessary in my opinion
When calling tickets what will staff look for? They wont be searching for a comparatively a complex ticket number in inserted order, they will look at the table number which remain in a static order on the screen.
You may feel its required and the entity states method would be how I would look to achieve if I did reimpliment but intrigued to hear what you feel really makes this an important feature.

Actually it is not for table orders in my case. its for take away orders.
Some times, 10 to 15 take away orders will be there at the same time. They will place their order and wait at the reception. When the order is ready and it comes out from the kitchen we have to print the bill.
In order to find the bill i felt it difficult without a ticket number on the screen.
I created take away as an entity. Not as a department

Have a look at ticket lister widget, think that might be more suitable.
Have a look at the delivery screen setup also, might give you some ideas.
In theory for you case using customer entity would be the default way to do probably and work from customer name but understand reasons this might not be preferred.
I’d look at ticket lister widget personally.
Would allow for a nice layout with more info.
Saying that even just dumping all takeaway ontonsame table would display the basic POS ticket lister shown when there are multiple tickets on a single entity.
This list current tickets with ticket number and total.
You could look at my tempt tab tutorial for other ideas;

The above with ticket tag for name could be simple option called takeaway rather than temp tab.

Another option you might like could be buying a basic barcode reader which you can get for £15 odd and print ticket number on receipt and scan to open up ticket directly.

1 Like

Thankyou JTR. Let me go through this.

Maybe i missed it… how can i get the a ticket tag to show on this. Im using ticket tags to assign waitresses to tables.

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TT.Waiters:(TEN.Tables=$1)}

This shows all the ticket tags for the entity instead of for the current ticket… How do i only show it for the current ticket?

I believe it is showing every ticket tag that has been assinged to the entity before.

You need to add more constraints to the expression.
Its giving that because that’s what you asked for LOL.
Add ticket state equals unpaid or similar to suite your needs.

Ok so this is wrong… i know that… but i admit i dont know why lol…

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TT.Waiters:(TEN.Tables=$1):(TS Status=Unpaid)}

Try:
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TT.Waiters:(TEN.Tables=$1) && (TS.Status=Unpaid)}

AH!! your a smart man!

How can [quote=“JTRTech, post:167, topic:6927”]
Bare in mind what will happen if you have multiple tickets created by different users, it will return a list of the user for each ticket.
[/quote]

How can this be avoided?

You have to constrain that it shows you only waiters that are part of this ticket and this ticket being $1. Or something along the line of this.

1 Like

There are more people on this forum smarter than me.

1 Like

Flatterer! :sweat_smile:

Also, I think $1 is already used for entity name so you might have to use Ticket number field as $2.

$1 is built in to the formatting field.

What is the T.TicketNumber meant to achive? where are you thinking the T.TicketNumber is coming from?
The only variable for entity formatting is the entity name…

If you want to know which users are on which ticket you will need to constrain the ticket number otherwise it will show all your the waiters on that entity.

Surely that’s what the status unpaid is for. Although bill requested isnt being accounted for.

If you wanted to show ticket number next to user for cases of multiple open tickets on a table it needs to be a field rather than a constraint.