Changing Table Button Captions

OK seems like I have to mention that once more. Like we’ve recently discussed with @JTRTech:

• You want to display credit limits on buttons.
  • You implemented something working.
  • You’ve noticed it also appears for customers that does not have limits.
  • You thought you’ll solve it if you can use “IF” in your template.
  • You skipped whole case and just asked me if it is possible to use IFs, ORs, etc…
  • You received “No” answer.
  • Noticed something similar under some other topic.
  • Asked {CALL:x}
  • Finally decided to send this…

http://forum.sambapos.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/2/42d34ac31836f4fb2bc192b86459d6b5204a100f.JPG

Until I see this I had no idea about your issue. It is like asking a doctor drug X without explaining your pain.

The cure for your issue is {REPORT ENTITY DETAIL:X} tag. I’ll check if it already contains values you need.

PS: I’m not trying to disturb you. I’m trying to improve our communication culture. My English is too limited so I don’t know how to adjust tone in my writings. I’m sorry if it sounds rude or offensive.

2 Likes

Yes well I have trying unsuccessfully to use the REPORT ENTITY DETAILTag for the last hour. I just need to have it display for 2 of the 4+ Entities I will have.

Sorry I did not see the “little talk” you had with JTRTech so happy to read any links as my eyes are very red for reading everything possible.

I am much better at IF’s, CASE’s, OR’s, AND’s and seem to struggle with your Template syntax i.e where and when to use a “[” or a “:” or a “.” or a prefix or … :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Can you explain me what does it mean?

I have 4 Entities (maybe more eventually). I have a custom field named “Credit Limit” ONLY on Customer Entity and Tab Entity and therefore only wish to display the line in the button caption if the field exists (or is non-zero) for the Entities Customer & Tabs.

Do you mean you create +4 entities for each customer?

So My name is Paul Barnes. My Customer Entity Name is 01000. How My Tab entity is named?

No, sorry I have 4 Entities Types:
ENTITY TYPE:Customers: have credit limit Custom Field
ENTITY TYPE:Tabs: have credit limit Custom Field
ENTITY TYPE:Pagers: have no custom field
ENTITY TYPE:Tables: have no custom field

The “+” only meant I may add another few Entity TYPES later.

This is my attempt:
{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:'<br/>Credit Limit ' +[EC.Credit Limit]:(EN={ENTITY NAME}):(TCET=Customer)}
I have embedded the "<br/>" so it only throws a new line if the line is created. Unfortunately it is getting created for all Entity Types.

Not tested but you can try this.

{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:'<br/>Credit Limit ' +[EC.Credit Limit]:(EN={ENTITY NAME}) and (ET=Customers)}

I’ll test it when I get back to home.

:scream:
Yes that worked AND I was so close! Gees I just what to get one on these myself…

Ok so I can duplicate the line for Tabs - great.

EDIT: No need as I approach “semi-guru status for 1 minute haha”
{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:'<br/>Credit Limit ' +[EC.Credit Limit]:(EN={ENTITY NAME}) and ((ET=Customers) or (ET=Tabs))} <- Working Great!

So its 1.51am in the morning, how about a quick spot on hiding this below line for ENTITY:Tables and ENTITY:Pages if they do not have a Account OR Account Balance?

<br/> On Account: $ {ENTITY BALANCE} <- Only required for Entity:Customer & Entity:Tabs?

2.30am must sleep. As {ENTITY BALANCE{} takes no arguments the only other option is {ACCOUNT BALANCE:x} but I cannot get this work is the same optional line format as Credit Limit? Tabs & Customer may have an Account (if an account was created). Pagers & Tables will not have any account so?

Hopefully the Good Fairy :ribbon: will leave me a present when I wake up.

Can anybody help with the syntax to make this only calculate for a particular Entity Type, please? I cannot see to get {ACCOUNT BALANCE} to work or find documentation on {ENTITY ACCOUNT BALANCE} as referenced below:

See emre comment in this post.

I’ve added E.Balance field to {REPORT ENTITY DETAIL(S):X} tag. You can use it after next refresh.

1. You can try using {REPORT ENTITY DETAIL} (not details) tag instead. If it works if will work more efficiently for single entities.
  2. Instead of dealing with Entity Types you can just check if E.AccountId > 0. That will work if entity have an account.

Sorry, emre I do not understand how I would construct the syntax? Use (1) or (2) or both?

Ok I have not idea how to use:

But as far as I can read {ACCOUNT BALANCE:x} is the only Tag than uses parameters so this as as far as I can get :pensive:

1 Like

So you dont want to try the {REPORT ENTITY DETAIL:X} tag?

Well, could you “throw me a bone” at least as I can not see how that Tag can access an Entities Account Balance?
Sad really when you start researching your own posts! :cry: But I cannot find much on the use of {REPORT ENTITY DETAIL:x} - like what formats can be placed in “x”. This is my issue that I am getting stuck on…

{REPORT ENTITY DETAIL:EC.Credit Limit:(EN={ENTITY NAME})}

Sorry kendash happy with that syntax it is the old “{ENTITY BALANCE}” or more so {ACCOUNT BALANCE:x} so I can use the “X” to filter out Entities without Accounts and with Account Balances.

{REPORT ENTITY DETAIL:'Credit Limit '+[EC.Credit Limit]:(EN={ENTITY NAME}) AND E.AccountId > 0}

How do I get Entity Account Balance your the above syntax?

I dont know let me research it and try a few things until I discover it one moment.

1 Like

Hey kendash from above:

Maybe I should just move on and wait for this refresh? I now sort of understand what emre said…
So I am not sure if you read that bit - I am only persisting as he said “you can try…”