Close button on ticket screen doesn't work,in one department only

@stephanhenning I found your problem. What I do not understand is how you planned to use it. You created a single action for update order status. You then created 3 rules… all 3 on ticket closing even… you told it to update that status 3 times with 3 different values all at the same time…

Why do you want it to update that same state 3 times all in row to 3 different values?

This is setup wrong but I cant understand what your trying to do.

This is not the fix … I am still looking you have something running after order.

It seems your executing your KD print job twice as well… you have it in the rules listed above but then you also have it set to print on Order State Updated… You are also updating that order state AGAIN on Order State updated rule… You also have it set to refresh ticket on EVERY order state updated event…

It is going to be hard to spot the actual issue… I will keep looking but you have several flows that are wrong. Likely the refresh ticket on Order State updated is jacking it up… since your also updating order state on ticket close… Your telling it to display the ticket… after you update order state on ticket closing… then again after ticket closed…

Well, B* (Beverage) is probably the same as D* (Drinks), and you should probably remove one or the other. I don’t think it has anything to do with the issue at hand.

But that Order State flow is designed like that intentionally for the Kitchen Display, and it works well. The prefixes are used to separate (F)ood and (D)rink (or originally the Tutorial used (B)everages), so that different Tasks/Displays can be used.

Order Added

• state set to NotPrinted

Ticket Closing

1. state set to Printing for Orders that have NotPrinted state
  2. Print Job only executes for states set to Printing, which is done in Action 1
  3. after the Print executes, state is switched from Printing (set in Action 1) to Printed

Yes I get that but he also is executing the same print job again with Order State Updated event and then updating order state again.

But I think his actual problem is from this:

Let me test that.

EDIT:
YEP that was it. Refreshing ticket on order state updated… when your updating order states on ticket close will cause that.

1 Like

I see some potential issues with your KD flow but to fix your issue this discussion is about you need to remove the refresh ticket action listed above. Find a better event for showing that updated ticket tag.

I know at times we use that to refresh the display but what that action actually does is displays the ticket again. Its not just refreshing a screen. So you need to be careful how you use it. In your case you were updating an order state at ticket closing and then immediately displaying the ticket again… but since it was set to display ticket 0 it displayed a blank ticket because your other ticket was already closed.

So it was going to Entity Screen and then immediately displaying blank ticket so you couldn’t see entity screen it happened so fast.

1 Like

I have deleted the Refresh Ticket Action and it still doesn’t redirect to Entity Screen, remember this only is a problem in the Windmill department, Zucchini & Saddle Up work as normal. Did it work for you testing my database?

I was skeptical why a refresh ticket action would prevent one department from not working and not the other?

@Jesse can you invite me to the backup? I’ll take care of it.

3 Likes

Yes It worked for me…But yiu did have a flow that was confusing for printing.

When I removed the refresh ticket action from the rule that updates total tag it also solved for me.

2 Likes

Ok got the same results as you guys now. thanks for that, tickets redirecting to entity screen as expected.

I cant see where I must delete some actions and rules Kendash… Do you have an idea of which ones are redundant from adding too many tutorials on top of each other?

1 Like