Constraint For Merge TICKETS

If you really want to automate this in that detail you should setup a kitchen screen and mark orders as preparing & served.

When you know which orders are still preparing in kitchen you can notify kitchen for table changes (not only for merge). You’ll only notify orders that has preparing state.

Ticket merging function is useful at payment stage. While customers sitting on table you shouldn’t merge tables as people may want to pay their own tickets. If all tickets gets paid at once you can merge tickets.

hmm got your point

by the away now that you have asked i am not a guy

i have created a action to store people ticket tag

this action should be called when we press merge tickets,
but there is no merge ticket automation command as it is built in
so in which event should i call the action

It can be stored same time you enter it.

as @emre stated merging is useful for payment only so i was thinking that whats the point of adding two tickets people. This will in return effect the total number of people in reports.

so i thought of just adding another ticket tag similar to people. i approached this way but its not working.

this is the result

Oh OK. I should have thought that.

For next version I’ve implemented a new feature to sum numeric ticket tags in merged ticket. I hope that will help.

3 Likes

any idea y the ticket tag is not showing the stored value

what do you mean? What stored value and how are you recalling it.

1 Like

i posted the screenshots above you may browse

what do you think {:{ORDER NO}} does?

i think referring to ppl value

you may find value in studying how to use program settings and how to recall them. You are confusing the syntax.

this is how you recommended to recall

[Table:{:{TICKET NO}} moved to] Table: {ENTITY NAME}

so i try to do something similar although i dont have grip on the functionality of programsetting

but let do my research and play around then will update

@madiha you should recall settings with {:SETTING} tag. @Jesse nested tags as {:{TICKET NO}} to benefit from a feature that allows you to name settings with ticket printing tags. For your case {OrdNO} tag resolves to nothing so it tries to access to a setting named nothing.

A different use case also explained here.

2 Likes

i have try these tag to show program setting value…unsuccessful where OrdNo & Ppl in People Quantity action are update program seeting

got to know why!!! because i am using the program setting in wrong action where ticket no havent been assgined yet.

NOW i would like to know is there a way to check if more than one ticket exisits in a table?

or which action is appropiate

If you name the program setting {TICKET NO} then what do you think the name of the setting would be?

I am not sure where your getting these syntax from… {SETTING:[:OrdNo]} is not a valid syntax.

Look up some tutorials that uses Program Setting and study them.

i have study some @q give good example

i thought we have to use {TICKET NO} as name but if it is static then any name can be used

@madiha I would just wait for that.

1 Like

but currently i am not suming the ticket tag. i just want to display another tag