Custom Command Button "New Orders" not returning from Menu

I have added a custom screen with “New Orders” with Widget Automation Command Button and Set the Command value to “Add Ticket” from the drop down list.

When I click on the button during normal operation, it sends me to the Menu screen. After ordering some items from the Menu, I click “close” but it does not return back to the Entity Screen. However, if I settle the balance, it will return. What I did miss?

What’s your automation looking like?

Was thinking more the close and settle rules to start with as that’s where your problem seems to be.

The final payment processed rule (ie what happens after paying the ticket?

If I “settle” and make the payment, it will return. But if I do not settle and just try to click “close” without paying the bill, it does not return and stay there.

ALL rules are stock and the only changes are from the Package Delivery Tutorial with a very minor change which I cannot remember at the moment.

Both tickets made with All Tables or Customer Search will return from the Menu even if I did not pay.

This is should the rule that checks whether the payment is made before closing:

I use regular ticket type for Food Court Orders, is there a possibility that regular ticket type requires table entity to complete?

If you do not assign an entity or a ticket tag then you can not close the ticket without payment.That is by design.

Hmm, in this case can I just assign a table “N” to it to represent it is the BIG AXX table food court?

or maybe I should define a new entity “Food Court”?

Or you can just assign a ticket tag.

Can you please indicate where I should start so that I can fiddle with it more

I tested it further, and realize the menu order screen requires either a table no. or customer for it to close without paying. I was able to “close” for orders made with “New Order” by clicking a table no. from the Choose Table Button on the left. Now I have to find a way to default the table/customer when launching the Menu from the New Order button.

Will report back, hopefully with some good news.

Or as kendash says set a ticket tag (that is defined in the tags list) would also allow close with payment.
Watch this for example of closing ticket using only tag;

1 Like

Your video is very informative even though I did not get the same result as yours yet, so I must have made some mistake in the middle. I will retry to see what happens.

So far I am able to return to the previous screen without entity assignment using Temp Tabs but cannot stay on the Menu screen.

In your video, I see that once you finished the definition of all the rules and action, upon going back to POS(11:08), you are already in the Menu ordering screen. How did you stay on the Menu by default? This is the kind of POS screen my community is familiar with. I would prefer to build the command buttons, say, “New Ticket” here, so I will scrap my Food Court Entity screen.

Since my installation is a food court, there is no need for me go back to the Entity Screen with “All Tables” “Customer Search” … and choose one more time what entity next order is supposed to be in. In my case, it is always Food Court and it is always New Ticket and only once a while jumping out to check on other stuff.

BTW, I learn the convention here is that there is a terminology distinction between Tickets and Orders, so I will change the name of my button to New Tickets.

My default system has ticket creation method as POS screen rather than default select entity I think is the answer to your question.

Have been going through the your tutorial for a few times more, still fighting to get the complete results as shown in the video. I am currently unable to display Temp Tabs List. In your definition of the rule of Temp Tabs Command, what does this syntax “[?” in “[?Tab Name]” mean?

This means Prompt the cashier to type in custom content and use that where the field is.

the133448

Thanks.

In fact, is there a reference guide for all the syntax used in Samba such as those in the printer template and those in the fields of the program generation? I was unable to find any tutorial, chart or glossary or it.